One of my favorite things about the weekend is that it gives me time to make longer-cooking dishes. Over the week, I reach for quick and easy dinner recipes that I can make in minutes. Over the weekend, I have more free time to make longer-cooking dishes. This past week, I have had an unbearable craving for chili. Something about chili’s unique blend of spices, beans and meat alwasy gets to me. I normally do not like cooking indoors over the summer, but for a good bowl of chili I can always make an exception. This weekend, I plan on cooking up one of my favorite chili recipes: Absolutely Fabulous Chili. I love making this chili because it has all of my favorite savory chili flavors, plus I can serve it to my vegetarian and vegan friends. After you cook up this delectable chili recipe, you will understand why I love chili so much.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup green bell pepper,chopped
- 3/4 cup carrots, chopped
- 2 cup fresh tomatoes, unpeeled and unseeded
- 2 large clove garlic, crushed
- 16 ounce can pinto beans, not drained
- 15 1/2 ounce can red kidney beans, not drained
- 15 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 pound firm tofu, rinsed patted dry and crumbled
- 2 cup water
- 2 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Heat oil in a 5 quart Dutch oven. Add onions, green pepper and carrots. Saute over medium heat until tender.
2. Add fresh tomatoes, garlic, beans, crushed tomatoes, tofu, water, corn, salt, chili powder, cumin and cayenne pepper.
3. Simmer for 45 to 60 minutes, or until done, stirring often.
Latest posts by FaveHealthyRecipes (see all)
- Post-Workout Healthy Recipes for the New Year - January 9, 2017
- 15 Best Healthy Recipes for Your New Year’s Resolutions - December 30, 2016
- 14 Gluten Free Copycat Recipes + Swiss Diamond Fry Pan Giveaway! - December 13, 2016