Today is Day 9 of our 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway. You can enter each day to win the prize of the day! Contest rules and how to enter are below.
It takes just a minute to enter: simply comment below answering the question of the day!
On the ninth day of our 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway, my true love gave to me…this Christmas Potato Chip Cookies recipe from Architec.
- 2 medium Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup vegetable shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips, melted
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 16-ounce container chocolate fudge frosting
- Chocolate sprinkles for decorating
- Preheat oven to 400º F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and very lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Place potatoes into a small saucepan with water to cover by 1 inch and bring to a boil. Cook potatoes for 20-25 minutes until they are very soft, then drain well and mash completely smooth.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat sugar and shortening for 2 minutes until light and fluffy, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Add the egg and extract and beat well. Stir the melted chocolate chips until smooth and add to the mixer with the mashed potatoes.
- Combine flour, salt and soda and whisk to mix well. Add to the mixer alternately with the milk, beating until smooth. Stir in the nuts by hand and drop cookies by tablespoon onto the baking sheets.
- Bake 10 minutes then remove pans to a cooling rack and let cool 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
- When cool, frost cookies and decorate as desired.
Enter to win a TSP Mixing Bowl and Measuring Cups from Architec. These stylish, useful kitchenware staples are durable and stylish.
In order to win today’s 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway, all you need to do is leave a comment on this blog post below telling us:
What is your favorite vegetable?
OFFICIAL RULES FOR DAILY CONTEST:
- There is a maximum of one entry per person. The entry will be based upon a comment left on this blog post. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- Winner will be selected at random from the comments on this blog post.
- Winner will be announced here on the blog December 12, 2015 as well as contacted by the email address provided.
- You have until tomorrow, December 11, 2015 at 11:59p EST to leave your comment on the project above. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada.
THIS CONTEST HAS ENDED. Check out the rest of the 12 Days of Christmas giveaway series. There are still 3 chances to win!
Congratulations to !
You’ve won the TSP Mixing Bowl and Measuring Cups from Architec! You will receive an e-mail shortly.
Plus, don’t miss your opportunity to win a “sleigh” of prizes!
Latest posts by RecipeLion (see all)
- RecipeLion’s No-Bake Desserts Cookbook Featured in Closer Weekly - July 18, 2017
- Millionaire Pie Recipe - July 17, 2017
- Windy City Live Welcomes RecipeLion’s Addie Gundry - July 10, 2017