Looking for a way to use up all of those cans of tuna in your pantry? Try one of our 11 new tuna casserole recipes. For the traditionalists, we have five different variations of the classic tuna noodle casserole. In addition, you will find unique recipes like tuna zucchini casserole, creamy scalloped potatoes and tuna (see below) and tuna corn cheese bake. Tuna casseroles are a quick and easy way to make a meal using inexpensive ingredients. Check out our creamy potato tuna casserole recipe below, or click here to view our entire collection of tuna casserole recipes.
Creamy Scalloped Potatoes and Tuna
Turn a side dish into a meal with this simple recipe! This creamy layered potatoes are perfectly paired with tuna for a delicious and affordable meal.
Cooking Time: 1 hr
* 2 cups milk
* 2 cups whipping cream
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 6 medium russet potatoes
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
* 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
* 12 ounces can tuna, drained and flaked
* 1 1/2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat, combine milk, whipping cream, and garlic.
2. Peel potatoes; slice about 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick. Add potatoes, salt and white pepper to milk mixture; heat to simmering.
3. Grease an 11 x 7-inch casserole with butter; spoon potato-milk mixture into dish.
4. Bake 25 minutes at 350 degrees F; remove from oven. Add tuna, stirring gently; top with cheese. Bake 35 more minutes, or until potatoes are baked through and top is golden brown.
5. Let stand, covered, about 15 minutes to thicken.