Today is Day 8 of our 12 Days of Christmas in July Giveaway. You can enter each day to win the prize of the day! Contest rules and how to enter are below.
It takes just a minute to enter: simply comment below answering the question of the day!
On the eighth day of our 12 Days of Christmas in July Giveaway, my true love gave to me…the Cherry Fluff recipe from our Test Kitchen!
- 1 1/2 cup fresh cherries
- 1 8-ounce container frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 21-ounce cherry pie filling
- 1 16-ounce can crushed pineapple, drained well
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup shredded coconut, divided
- ½ cup sliced almonds for garnish
- Wash and dry cherries. Choose 6 – 8 perfect ones with stems intact if possible – set those aside for garnish. Cut the remaining cherries in half and remove the pits.
- Set aside about ½ cup of the whipped topping for garnish. Place the remainder into a large bowl, add the condensed milk, pie filling and pineapple and stir until well combined.
- Add the marshmallows to the fluffy mixture and add about half of the coconut. Stir well.
- In a glass straight-sided bowl, place some of the fluffy mixture, then set the cut cherries around the edges, pit side toward the center.
- Carefully spoon the remaining mixture into the bowl so cherries are still visible around the edges. Top with the remaining whipped topping, then the reserved coconut and the almonds; garnish with the reserved cherries with stems.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
VARIATION: The fluff can also be made into individual servings by spooning it into 6 – 8 straight sided glass serving dishes or drink glasses following the layering instructions above.
ENTER TO WIN TODAY’S PRIZE:
Tovolo’s Soak ‘N Strain is an innovative colander that allows you to both thoroughly rinse and drain your ingredients without the need of multiple bowls. Simply fill the bowl, tilt to drain, and tilt back to prevent any drips on your counter top. Less dishes and less mess during the busy hours of your day, and easy enough for anyone in the family to use.
In order to win today’s 12 Days of Christmas in July Giveaway, all you need to do is leave a comment on this blog post below telling us:
What summer dessert recipe is next on your list?
OFFICIAL RULES FOR DAILY CONTEST:
- There is a maximum of one entry per person. The entry will be based upon a comment left on this blog post. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- Winner will be selected at random from the comments on this blog post.
- Winner will be announced here on the blog July 24, 2015 as well as contacted by the email address provided.
- You have until tomorrow, July 23, 2015 at 11:59p EST to leave your comment on the project above. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada.
THIS CONTEST HAS ENDED. Check out the rest of the 12 Days of Christmas in July giveaway series. There are still 5 chances to win!
Congratulations to Barb!
Latest posts by TheBestDessertRecipes (see all)
- 9 Italian Dessert Recipes That Will Transport You to Rome - May 1, 2017
- Gorilla Poop Cookies: No Bake Cookies the Whole Family Will Love - March 22, 2017
- 13 Green Desserts to Make for St. Patrick’s Day - March 6, 2017