As much as I love old-fashioned dessert recipes, I love newer takes on traditional favorites even more. These new twists on classic recipes are almost always just as delicious as the original versions, but are typically easier to make! It’s a win-win situation for those times when I want a recipe that’s just like grandma’s, but without all of the fuss and messy dishes, too. What can I say? I love keeping it simple, especially when my schedule is packed. An easy dessert recipe will always be a hit with me!
If you’re like me and are looking for updated takes on beloved favorites, then you can’t go wrong with recipes that keep busy people in mind. The easy dessert recipes found below are simplified versions of your favorite recipes and will usually help you curb your sweet tooth. Most of these recipes can also be whipped up and enjoyed in a fraction of the time it takes to make the original versions, too. In addition, you’ll find that many of these recipes use ingredients that you likely already have in your refrigerator or pantry. There won’t be anything that will get in your way the next time you want to make a layered dessert or fruit cobbler! From no-bake desserts to quick cobblers and more, these recipes are just what you need when life gets a little hectic.
There’s one thing for certain: The following recipes aren’t time-consuming to prepare! From mug cakes for one to layered cakes that can serve a crowd, these recipes are just what you need at your fingertips.
15 Classic Dessert Recipes with a Twist: Cakes, Cookies, and More Everyone will Love
- The Best Bisquick Apple Cobbler
- Angel Food Cake Churro Bites
- Heavenly Cloud Cake
- Better Than Sex Layered Dessert
- Layered No-Bake Banana Split Dessert
- HolyCrapTheseAreAmazing Cookies
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cracker Cookies
- Devil Dog Icebox Cake
- No-Bake Creamy Lemon Crunch
- Easy Strawberry Refrigerator Pie
- 3-2-1 Mug Cake
- Two Minute Chocolate Mug Cake
- Apple Mug Cobblers
- Pina Colada Cookie Cups
- Tequila Lime Cheesecake Bars
If you’re looking for refreshing takes on beloved recipes, then you’ll want to see the selection of recipes available through No-Bake Desserts: 103 Easy Recipes for No-Bake Cookies, Bars, and Treats by Cutthroat Kitchen winner Addie Gundry. The cookbook is available for purchase through Barnes & Noble and Amazon right now. You’ll find an assortment of no-bake versions of some of your family’s favorite recipes, including the following:
- Chocolate Eclair Cake
- Strawberry Shortcake in a Jar
- Gummy Champagne Hearts
- Funfetti Cake Batter Bites
- Snickerdoodle Balls
- Stuffed Strawberries
What is your favorite twist on a classic dessert recipe?
Latest posts by RecipeLion (see all)
- RecipeLion’s Addie Gundry Appears at the Lake Forest Book Store - February 5, 2018
- 16 Old-Fashioned Recipes Through The Decades - January 19, 2018
- Quick and Easy Dinner Idea: Four-Ingredient OMG Chicken - November 22, 2017