Once again while perusing the world of Pinterest (otherwise known as “my heaven”) I came across some potato casseroles I just couldn’t resist. One such casserole came from Plain Chicken, they called them “Crack Potatoes” or Loaded Potato Casserole. Why crack potatoes? Well apparently it’s the use of Ranch Dip mix which this particular blogger calls her “crack” because it’s so addictive. Well, I now know what she means as I decided to whip up a batch of my own version of crack potatoes this weekend – so freaking amazing. Not to mention it’s one of the easiest casserole recipes you’ll ever make.
BEWARE – this recipe below might become addictive. Try not to “crack up or go crazy after eating them.”
Recipe: Crazy Crack-ed Potato Casserole
- 1 (16-ounce) containers sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (3- ounce) bag of real bacon bits or 6 pieces of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 (1-ounce) packages Ranch Dip mix
- 1 large (28 – 30oz) bag frozen hash brown potatoes – shredded kind
- 1/2 cup of onions, chopped
- a pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- dried dill, to taste
Cooking time: 1 hour(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
Just a note – These potatoes go amazing with steak, and even better the next morning fried up and served with your eggs!