Deviled eggs are a perennial picnic favorite and summer staple, right up there with potato salad, burgers on the grill and corn on the cob. Thinking about these tasty little devils makes the warmer months seem within reach…but of course, I won’t fault you for whipping up a batch on a March afternoon either!
Why do deviled eggs make incredibly popular party fare? Easy – they’re easy to make. Classic deviled eggs are pretty foolproof and made from just a few ingredients (mayo, mustard, and paprika). Deviled eggs are also a frequent appetizer because almost everyone loves them. Whenever I’m at a summer barbeque, I really have to restrain myself…I would easily grab 10 or 11 if not for party etiquette! And have you ever noticed there’s almost never any deviled eggs left over?
So, in honor of this delectable finger food, let’s anticipate summer with a list of 10 Easy Deviled Eggs Recipes! In addition to Classic Deviled Eggs, there’s plenty of unique and tasty variations, like Easy Mexican Deviled Eggs, Curried Shrimp Deviled Eggs, and Tuscan Lemon Deviled Eggs.
If you’re like me, you like a little kick to your deviled eggs – that sprinkling of paprika just isn’t enough! That’s why I like Chris’ Deviled Eggs: they’re loaded with spices like cayenne, cardamom, coriander, cumin, and curry powder. Let’s take a closer look at Chris’ Deviled Eggs recipe:
- 6 hardboiled eggs, halved lengthwise, whites and yolks separated
- 2 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- Red leaf lettuce
- Mash egg yolks with fork. Mix in mayonnaise to desired consistency. Add spices to taste and mix well.
- Press through sieve to remove lumps and fill a pastry bag fitted with a star tip. (In a pinch, use a Ziploc bag – cutting the corner diagonally with pinking shears!)
- On a platter, arrange egg white halves on a bed of red lettuce leaves. Pipe yolk mixture into each white. Drop a few capers on top of each filled egg. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Latest posts by RecipeChatter (see all)
- Easy Paleo Casserole Recipes for Summer - May 17, 2018
- Eat Like It’s Friday Every Day: 10 Copycat TGI Friday’s Recipes - December 6, 2017
- 10 Dump Dinners for Weekends - November 4, 2017