“But it’s January!” Listen, I don’t want to hear that sass. 😉 You know in your heart that you are ready for spring! Spring for one and all, I say. Turning on my oven and constantly running the dishwasher is getting old. Thankfully, there are plenty of easy dinner recipes out there that I can make in my cast iron skillet. No waiting for the oven to preheat, and far less clean-up. Sign me up for some easy skillet recipes.
Lucky for you, you’re already signed up, and we aim to deliver! Let’s go on a little mental vacation to spring… when the wind doesn’t bite, the sky isn’t grey, and you never eat more than one casserole per week. (No offense, AllFreeCasseroleRecipes.com).
Easy skillet recipes are the best way to change up your winter dinner routine. Of course, in the South, we make skillet recipes whenever we darn well please. This is just a friendly reminder to give your oven a break! Winter will be over before we know it.
13 Easy Cast Iron Skillet Recipes to Get You To Spring
- 30-Minute Skillet Enchilada
- Skillet Pork Chops with Gravy
- Mexican Taco Rice Skillet
- Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Skillet
- 30-Minute Skillet Chicken Stew
- Barbeque Chicken Skillet Cornbread
- Crawfish Mac and Cheese
- 30-Minute Cheesy Andouille Sausage Skillet
- Southern Comfort Cornbread Skillet – Collard greens, black eyed peas… all the Southern specialties in one skillet!
- Cheesy Texas Hash
P.S. Check out even more cast iron skillet recipes!
What dish makes you think of spring?
Latest posts by FaveSouthernRecipes (see all)
- Get More Bang for Your Buck: 13 Budget-Friendly Recipes - October 20, 2016
- 12 Southern Recipes Carrie Underwood Would Love - October 6, 2016
- 16 Southern Celebrity Chef Recipes - September 8, 2016