One of my favorite deli salads to whip up at this time of the year are Greek pasta salads. There’s something about the combo of pasta, feta, tomatoes and dressing that really tastes amazing. It’s a light dish and perfect to bring along to potlucks, picnics and other outdoor parties and gatherings.
Deli salads with pasta can be as easy as you want them to be, it’s really one of the simplest dishes you can make. The winning combo always consists of pasta, cheese, veggies and a vinaigrette type dressing. I suggest playing around with various veggies and dressings in your pasta salad, experiment a little!
I’m super excited for the recipe I’m highlighting today because it has balsamic dressing in it, my favorite! It’s as simple as can be to make and has the perfect balance of flavors that I love in a pasta salad. Give it a try and maybe even experiment with other veggies you could add, like broccoli, red onion or green pepper.
Recipe: Easy Zesty Greek Pasta Salad
- 3 cups bow tie or rigatoni pasta
- 3 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon garlic (chopped)
- 1 cup Kalamata olives
- 1 roasted red pepper (diced large)
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano (chopped) or 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon of fresh basil (chopped) or 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup feta cheese (cut into square chunks)
- 1 cup blanched broccoli (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse, drain and let pasta cool.
- Add cooled pasta to large bowl.
- Add and mix in balsamic, olive oil, salt, black pepper, and garlic.
- Add fresh herbs (or dried) while stirring.
- Add olives, red pepper and feta cheese, toss lightly.
- Chill (ideally for at least one day.)
- Serve cold.