Anyway, the mermaid trend inspired our Test Kitchen chef Christina Hammond to make these cute JELL-O desserts that look like a mermaid flipping her tail out in the ocean breeze. SHELL you make them?! (Sorry.)
Be sure to check out these 21 DIY Ideas to Embrace Your Inner Mermaid on our sister blog, CraftPaperScissors!
*Sidenote that I once had a high school debate over whether Sebastian the crab was supposed to be from the Caribbean or France (based on his accent). A close friend insisted he was French and I still think she was wrong. Maybe I need to let things go, but feel free to agree with me in the comments. (Or not.)
Easy Mermaid JELL-O Dessert
- Berry Blue JELL-O
- Refrigerated sugar cookie sough
- Graham crackers
- Cool Whip
- Make Berry Blue jello according to package directions.
- Using refrigerated sugar cookie dough, cut out mermaid tail shapes. Bake according the package directions. Allow to cool completely.
- Crush graham crackers and add to the bottom of glasses.
- Add blue jello to the cups, filling almost to the top.
- Top with generous dollops of cool-whip.
- Press a cookie mermaid through the cool-whip and into the “water”.
Where will you serve these cute mermaid treats?
Latest posts by RecipeChatter (see all)
- Top Chef Graham Elliot’s Change of Heart - March 6, 2017
- Love Yourself With These 13 Healthy Dessert Recipes - February 13, 2017
- Enter for a Chance to Win a Cookie Cake of Your Favorite Presidential Candidate from GourmetGiftBaskets.com - October 31, 2016