Welcome back to this week’s Food Trend Friday. No one wants to turn on their oven on these hot summer days and bother heating up the house. No-bake desserts are all anyone is talking about and eating right now. And who can blame them? You have to beat the heat somehow. Here at RecipeLion, we think that some of the best no bake desserts are made with our wiggling jiggling friend, Jell-O.
Honestly, I was never a big fan of Jell-O growing up. I remember at some point its TV slogan was “J-E-L-L-O, It’s Alive.” Which, I always thought, was a disturbing slogan for a food product that was never actually supposed to be alive. It was trying to make Jell-O be for kids and make it seem”cool.”
The problem I had, was that I never liked Jell-O by itself, in its original settled form, and I was never “cool.” It wasn’t until I tried an assortment of different Jell-O recipes that I realized how delicious Jell-O could be. In this week’s food trend we are honoring the “coolness”, as well as deliciousness, of Jell-O recipes.
We’ve collected some of the best Jell-O recipes for dessert that we found on the web. There are some great no bake recipes that will help you keep cool and delicious fruit pie recipes that will have you eating slice after slice. We hope that you enjoy these dessert recipes and remember, it’s “J-E-L-L-O, It’s ALIVE!.”
Sweet Jell-O Desserts
Here’s the list of great Jell-O recipes from top left to right:
- Raspberry Poke Cake from The Craving Chronicles
- Strawberry Jell-O Pie from A Bicycle Built for Two
- No-Bake Blueberry Yogurt Pie from the Family Kitchen
- Summertime Strawberry Pie from RecipeLion
- Banana Cream Eclair Pie from Sweet Treats and More
- Jell-O Cookies from I Heart Nap Time
- Creamy Strawberry Cookie Tarts from Delightfully Dessert
- Jello Swirl Cupcakes with Jello Buttercream Icing from Chocolate, Chocolate and More
- Jell-O Pretzel Salad from the Girl Who Ate Everything
We hope that you enjoyed our collection of Jell-O recipes. Don’t forget to come back next week to see what new food trend we are featuring.
If you are looking for some more great No-Bake dessert recipes check out our collection of 13 No-Bake & Easy Pie Recipes.
Latest posts by RecipeLion (see all)
- Quick and Easy Dinner Idea: Four-Ingredient OMG Chicken - November 22, 2017
- Enter RecipeLion’s 10 Days of Thanks Giveaway Celebration 2017! - November 8, 2017
- Addie Gundry Debuts Latest Cookbooks on QVC - November 2, 2017