Today we have some great cheesecake baking tips from Chef Josie of Aunt Jo’s Personal Chef Service. Check out these useful hints and if you’re feeling inspired, head on over to RecipeLion for some delicious cheesecake recipes like almond cheesecake with Oreo crust or apple-nut cheesecake.
Baking tips for cheesecake:
1. Cream cheese must be at room temperature (if too chilled, it is hard to mix and it will crack when baking)
2. Always add ingredients a little at a time so ingredients incorporate evenly (eggs-one at a time, sugar- a little at a time)
3. Spray pan with cooking spray and place parchment paper at bottom (nothing will stick)
4. Always cook cheesecake in a bath (foil bottom of outside pan & place in another pan with hot water)
5. Always preheat oven on high heat (depending on cheesecake bake on high heat for 12 minutes and lower heat to a low temperature)
6. Remove cheesecake from oven and cool. When cheesecake is cooled, place in refrigerator overnight (this allows the cheesecake to settle)