Thanks to our regular contributor Kristy from Mommy Hates Cooking for writing up this post on getting creative with candy corn. Lots of fun ideas and just in time for Halloween.
Photo Credit: Land O’ Lakes
How to get Creative with Candy Corn
Have you stopped by your local store yet and picked up a bag of candy corn? I will admit I am a candy corn fanatic. I just love it, better yet, I love all the creative ideas I have recently found to utilize candy corn.
For those that may not love it there are always many ideas that utilize the idea of candy corn without actually using the product itself. I have recently been overwhelmed with all the ideas I have found for candy corn recipes on Pinterest.
To help you not be quite so overwhelmed I made a list of my top 10 favorites.
10 Ways to get Creative with Candy Corn:
1. Candy Corn Wreath - The one thing I love about these crafts is that it shows that candy corn is not always about eating. It can be used to make a wreath like this. Would you have thought to try this?
2. Sparkling Candy Corn Cookies – Want to make cookies that stand out? Make these cookies, they don’t taste like candy corn but they look like it! What a beautiful way to celebrate fall.
3. Candy Corn Cupcakes – I will admit these may be my favorite, because there is actually candy corn on top of the cupcakes. I could eat the whole bag by myself, so this would be perfect!
4. Candy Corn Krispies - Take the traditional rice krispie treat and put a fall spin on it.
5. Candy Corn Milkshake – Now, how fun would these delicious milkshakes be served at your next party? Plus, they involve homemade vanilla ice cream. Yum!
6. Homeade Candy Corn - Ever wonder how they make candy corn? This tutorial teaches you how to do it yourself!
7. Candy Corn Pretzels – This is an easy treat that anyone could do. These would be perfect bagged up and tied with a little note to send as gifts!
8. Candy Corn Macaroons – These delicious treats are absolutely beautiful. The ingredient list is actually short, but the product will dazzle your friends!
9. Candy Corn Candles – Make this your table decoration, just try not to eat it all!
10. Candy Corn Cake – Leave it to Wilton to show us exactly how it’s done with this candy corn cake, we could all make this one!
This is actually a short list considering all the amazing creative ideas that candy corn brings us! What is your favorite way to utilize candy corn?
I have to say for me, mine never last long, I eat it straight out of the bag!
Kristy Still is the creator of Mommy Hates Cooking, wife to a loving husband and mother to an energy filled toddler. She realized after her son was born that her cooking skills were going to have to go up a notch to keep healthy food on the table for her family. There was only one problem, she hates cooking. She ended up making the decision to start her own blog as an attempt to find motivation and share her trials with others. To learn more about Kristy be sure to check out her featured foodie profile on RecipeLion.