Today is Day 3 of our 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway. You can enter each day to win the prize of the day! Contest rules and how to enter are below.
It takes just a minute to enter: simply comment below answering the question of the day!
On the second day of our 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway, my true love gave to me…this Fudgy Chocolate Peppermint Pie recipe from Harold Import Company.
Fudgy Chocolate Peppermint Pie
Serves 6 – 8
- ½ cup butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate square
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ chocolate malt mix (like Ovaltine Chocolate Malt Mix)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 pint softened Peppermint ice cream
- 1 cup whipping cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup crushed peppermint candies
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- In a heavy small saucepan, melt the butter and chocolate over medium low heat. Stir until smooth, remove from the heat and cool.
- Place chocolate mixture into the bowl of an electric mixer and add the sugar, beating until blended. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth. Add the flour, chocolate malt, salt and cinnamon and mix well. Stir in the pecans by hand. Pour the chocolate mixture into the prepared pie plate and bake 40 minutes. Remove to a cooling rack until completely cooled.
- Use the bottom of a flat measuring cup or drinking glass to press down the center of the chocolate crust, leaving a ½ inch edge all around. Spread the ice cream into this indention, cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 8 hours.
- When ready to serve, whip the cream with the powdered sugar with an electric mixer until it forms soft peaks. Spoon over the ice cream. Top with the crushed candies. Cut into wedges to serve.
Enter to win one Pie Baking Kit with Mrs. Anderson’s Baking Easy No-Mess Pie Crust Maker Bag, Mrs. Anderson’s Baking Ceramic Pie Weights, and Mrs. Anderson’s Baking Pie Crust Shield, 9-Inch from Harold Import Company. If you’re a die-hard pie fan, you’ll find that you can make perfect pies with ease using these time-saving tools!
In order to win today’s 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway, all you need to do is leave a comment on this blog post below telling us:
What is your favorite kind of pie?
OFFICIAL RULES FOR DAILY CONTEST:
- There is a maximum of one entry per person. The entry will be based upon a comment left on this blog post. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- Winner will be selected at random from the comments on this blog post.
- Winner will be announced here on the blog December 4, 2015 as well as contacted by the email address provided.
- You have until tomorrow, December 3, 2015 at 11:59p EST to leave your comment on the project above. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada.
THIS CONTEST HAS ENDED. Check out the rest of the 12 Days of Christmas giveaway series. There are still 9 chances to win!
Congratulations to Sheila H.!
You’ve won the Mrs. Anderson’s Pie Baking Kit! You will receive an e-mail shortly.
Plus, don’t miss your opportunity to win a “sleigh” of prizes!
Latest posts by RecipeLion (see all)
- Two-Tomato Salsa + Brieftons Giveaway - December 20, 2016
- Slow Cooker Coq au Vin a la Julia Child + the zen of slow cooking Giveaway - December 19, 2016
- Old School German Goulash + Dreamfarm Giveaway - December 16, 2016