Today is Day 6 of our 12 Days of Christmas in July Giveaway. You can enter each day to win the prize of the day! Contest rules and how to enter are below.
It takes just a minute to enter: simply comment below answering the question of the day!
On the sixth day of our 12 Days of Christmas in July Giveaway, my true love gave to me…the Hawaiian Coleslaw recipe from our Test Kitchen!
- 5 cups shredded cabbage (about one small head)
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 8-oz can crushed pineapple, drained and juice reserved (see note)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Combine mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, mustard and salt and pepper in the bottom of a large bowl and mix well.
- Add cabbage, carrots and drained pineapple and toss well.
- Taste and adjust flavors, adding some of the reserved pineapple juice, more vinegar or sugar as desired.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving to allow flavors to meld.
NOTES: The vinegar plus the sugar in the dressing give it a delicious sweet–and-sour flavor but if you wish, you can simply use 3 tablespoons of the juice from the drained can.
ENTER TO WIN TODAY’S PRIZE:
Swissmar, Dreamfarm, KitchenIQ, and PackIt have all come together for one amazing Picnic Gift Basket! Included is a Swissmar Travel Bottle, Dreamfarm BBQ Clongs, a KitchenIQ Edge Grip Quick Prep Knife and Sharpener set, and a PackIt Freezeable Picnic Bag. With all of these tools, packing for a picnic will be easier than ever.
In order to win today’s 12 Days of Christmas in July Giveaway, all you need to do is leave a comment on this blog post below telling us:
What is your favorite spot for a summer picnic?
OFFICIAL RULES FOR DAILY CONTEST:
- There is a maximum of one entry per person. The entry will be based upon a comment left on this blog post. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- Winner will be selected at random from the comments on this blog post.
- Winner will be announced here on the blog July 22, 2015 as well as contacted by the email address provided.
- You have until tomorrow, July 21, 2015 at 11:59p EST to leave your comment on the project above. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada.
THIS CONTEST HAS ENDED. Check out the rest of the 12 Days of Christmas in July giveaway series. There are still 6 chances to win!
Congratulations to Jean R!
You’ve won the Picnic Gift Basket! You will receive an e-mail shortly.
Latest posts by AllFreeSlowCookerRecipes (see all)
- Slow Cooker Classic Christmas Cake-Mix Desserts: Sample some of Santa’s Favorites - December 16, 2016
- Christmas Dinner in Your Slow Cooker: Make Your Holiday Efficient and Delicious - December 14, 2016
- 10 Slow Cooker Pork Chop Recipes: Tender and Juicy Main Dish - December 9, 2016