I’m guilty of bringing in almost the same thing to work for lunch every day and I’m getting a little bored with myself. I’m trying to eat healthier, but I’m stuck in a food rut. I was searching the Internet for something healthy but also easy to carry around so I can lug it to work, and that’s how I discovered Mason jar salads. Recipes in a jar are so brilliant that I wish I came up with them first.
You might be thinking, “but my greens will get soggy if all of the ingredients are together for so long.” And you would be right…if Mason jars weren’t such a brilliant vessel for carrying salads. The greens go on top while the dressing sits at the bottom. You can stack your crunchy ingredients like radishes, cucumbers, nuts, etc. on top of the dressing and they’ll just marinate in it for a while and taste amazing when you eat the salad.
“But…how do I eat it?” you may ask. There are a couple of different ways, I may answer. You can leave enough room in the Mason jar for you to shake up the ingredients and eat it straight from the jar. Or you could dump out the ingredients on a plate or in a bowl and enjoy it that way. There’s no wrong way to enjoy a Mason jar salad, so you really have no excuses not to try one! Plus, they’re just so pretty!
- Mason Jar Salads with Chicken, Bacon, and Ranch
- Mason Jar Detox Salad
- Recipe in a Jar: Garden Gazpacho
- Spinach and Bacon Mason Jar Salads
- Clean and Green Super Salad
- Mason Jar Salads <— I’m going to try these ones first!
- Chickpea and Farro Mason Jar Salad
- Mason Jar Noodle Salad
- Southwestern Chicken Fajita Mason Jar Salad
- Tropical Sriracha Mason Jar Salad
- Mexican Mason Jar Salad
- Super Simple Mason Jar Salads
Now that you have Mason jar salads, check out this peach pie in a jar!
What salad in a jar will you try first?
Latest posts by FaveHealthyRecipes (see all)
- 12 Healthy No-Bake Desserts for Hot Days - June 15, 2017
- 20 Easy Vegan Recipe Ideas for Family Get-Togethers - May 23, 2017
- Healthy Breakfast Casseroles to Start the Day Right - April 6, 2017