Never made a pecan pie? The holidays are the perfect time to learn. If you’re nervous starting out, try making a pie with a pre-made crust. I would suggest the following pecan pie recipe. Classic Pecan Pie keeps all the authentic taste with none of the hassle. Pecan pie recipes don’t get any easier than this.
Classic Pecan Pie
* 3 eggs lightly beaten
* 1 cup sugar
* 1 cup KARO light or dark corn syrup
* 2 butter or margarine, melted
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 1-1/4 cups pecans
* 1 unbaked (9-inch) pie crust
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In medium bowl with fork, beat eggs lightly. Add sugar, corn syrup, butter and vanilla; stir until well blended. Stir in pecans. Pour into pie crust.
2. Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between center and edge comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Makes 8 servings.
The charm of this pecan pie recipe is its simplicity. If you’re interested in a slightly more complicated pecan pie (don’t panic! this one just has a few more ingredients) check out White Chocolate Pecan Pie. This recipe also uses a pre-made shell, but it calls for a sprinkling of pretty and sweet white chocolate chips atop your pecans.
White Chocolate Pecan Pie
* 1 pre-baked pie shell
* 2 cups pecans
* 2 cups white chocolate
* 2/3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
* 1/2 cup dark Karo syrup
* 2 Tbsp butter
* 1 vanilla
1. Sprinkle nuts and chocolate over pre-baked crust. Whisk remaining ingredients in a large bowl, pour over nuts and chocolate. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 25 minutes (until filling has set).
Time to move up to intermediate level. This pecan pie recipe will serve the vegans at your table because it has no eggs. Making a dairy-free dessert can be a bit daunting, so we’re here to guide you through it!
Eggless Pecan Pie
* 1/2 c. dried apricots
* 1/2 c. dates, pitted
* 2 c. apple juice
* 2 Tbsp. agar flakes (or 1/2 Tbsp. powder)
* pinch of sea salt
* 1 1/2 Tbsp. kuzu dissolved in 1/4 cup water
* 1 tsp. vanilla
* 2 c. roasted pecans
* Prebaked pie crust
1. Rinse dried fruits; combine with juice, agar and sea salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; lower flame and simmer 20 minutes. Roast pecans in 350 degrees F oven, but watch them carefully as they burn easily after about 10 minutes. When the dried fruit is plump and agar is dissolved, add kuzu and stir until clear.
2. Add vanilla. Puree fruit mixture in a blender or food processor until creamy smooth. Save 1/2 cup of pecan halves to garnish top of pie.
3. Chop the rest. Mix the remaining pecans with the fruit puree. Spoon mixture into baked pie crust. Arrange 1/2 cup pecans in design on top of pie. Allow to cool. This pie should slice neatly and still be creamy.
We told you it was easy!
Latest posts by RecipeChatter (see all)
- Eat Like It’s Friday Every Day: 10 Copycat TGI Friday’s Recipes - December 6, 2017
- 10 Dump Dinners for Weekends - November 4, 2017
- 12 Top Rated Chicken Casseroles In Our Latest eBook - May 17, 2017