Phew, it’s been a crazy week. It feels like I’m always running low on time and trying to whip up a meal every night has been difficult. In an attempt to not hit up the drive thru or eat something microwavable, I stumbled my way through several casserole recipes looking for quick and easy ones and I finally found something perfect. This Swiss Chicken Casserole recipe was just what I had been looking for. With only 6 ingredients and 3 steps, it was calling my name. I just threw everything together the night before and put it in my slow cooker in the morning. By the time I got home from work, I had a delicious and hot meal waiting for me.
Take a peek:
- 6 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- Lightly grease slow cooker or spray with cooking spray.
- Place chicken breasts in pot. Top with cheese. Combine soup and milk, stirring well. Spoon over cheese; sprinkle with stuffing mix. Drizzle melted butter over stuffing mix.
- Cook on low 8 to 10 hours or high 4 to 6 hours.
And let me tell you, I tossed in some frozen veggies and it was creamy and delicious. I also has plenty of leftovers for the next day and it was just as tender and flavorful re-heated.
Well this got me wondering if there were other delicious chicken casserole recipes I could find, so, logically, I checked AllFreeChickenCasseroleRecipes.com, our sister site. Amazingly, I found a collection of my two favorite things: chicken and cheese. This page of 10 Cheesy Chicken Casserole Recipes To Make You Smile does exactly that. I found recipes for chicken and noodle casseroles and even healthy chicken casserole recipes. I saw this Fresh Tomato Chicken Casserole that I plan on trying tonight. It seems fairly quick and easy, but also full of flavor. It has some of my favorite ingredients: fresh tomato, garlic, onion, cumin, basil, and oregano. I’m excited to give this combination of spices a try!
I also did some digging and a ton of cheese, chicken, and rice combinations on these other blogs. I might have to try all of them!
Easy Cheesy Chicken Casserole from Tracy’s Living Cookbook
Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole from Burnt Apple
Cheesy Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole from Picky Palate
Cheesy Chicken and Rice Bake from How Sweet it is
Cheesy Rice and Chicken Casserole from Mandy’s Recipe Box
Latest posts by RecipeChatter (see all)
- Foods that Taste Better in September: 7 Top Fruits and Vegetables in Season - September 1, 2015
- Vintage Italian Crescent Casserole Recipe - August 7, 2015
- New From the Test Kitchen: Peach Pies in a Jar Recipe - July 28, 2015