Today is Day 10 of our 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway. You can enter each day to win the prize of the day! Contest rules and how to enter are below.
It takes just a minute to enter: simply comment below answering the question of the day!
On the tenth day of our 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway, my true love gave to me…this Garlic Mashed Potatoes recipe from Kyocera.
Garlic Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 3 pounds russet potatoes
- 6 – 12 cloves garlic, peeled but left whole (see note)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups sour cream
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
NOTES: The amount of garlic is up to you and up to the size of the cloves you are using. Because they cook in water with the potatoes, the flavor is somewhat diluted, so use at least 6, more if you like the flavor.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 casserole or 3 quart oval bake dish with cooking spray.
- Peel and chop potatoes into pieces about 1 inch in size. Place in a large saucepan with the garlic and salt and add enough water to cover potatoes plus 1 inch. Place pot over high heat and bring water to the boil, reduce heat to a slow bubble and cook for 20 minutes or until potatoes are very soft.
- Drain potatoes and garlic and place into large bowl of electric mixer. Whip on medium speed, adding butter, sour cream and finally the milk in a slow stream. Taste and add salt and pepper as desired; continue to whip until potatoes are smooth.
- Spoon into the prepared bake dish and smooth the top with a rubber spatula. Sprinkle with cheese and bake about 40 minutes until heated through and light brown on top.
- To make ahead: Prepare up to placing into the bake dish as much as 24 hours ahead of serving. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate. When ready to eat, bring to room temperature (about 30 minutes), uncover and bake, adding 5 minutes to baking time.
Enter to win a Kyocera Paring Knife and Peeler Set from Kyocera. Never struggle with paring or peeling with these easy-to-grip tools!
In order to win today’s 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway, all you need to do is leave a comment on this blog post below telling us:
What is your favorite way to eat potatoes?
OFFICIAL RULES FOR DAILY CONTEST:
- There is a maximum of one entry per person. The entry will be based upon a comment left on this blog post. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- Winner will be selected at random from the comments on this blog post.
- Winner will be announced here on the blog December 13, 2015 as well as contacted by the email address provided.
- You have until tomorrow, December 12, 2015 at 11:59p EST to leave your comment on the project above. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada.
THIS CONTEST HAS ENDED. Check out the rest of the 12 Days of Christmas giveaway series. There are still 2 chances to win!
Congratulations to Richard Hicks!
You’ve won the Kyocera Paring Knife and Peeler Set You will receive an e-mail shortly.
Plus, don’t miss your opportunity to win a “sleigh” of prizes!
Latest posts by RecipeLion (see all)
- 17 Summer BBQ Recipes For a Crowd - June 20, 2018
- Cooking with Soda Pop: Dishes Made with Soft Drinks - May 11, 2018
- 8 Crazy Cheap Potato Recipes for Any Meal - March 23, 2018