Take advantage of farmers’ markets before they’re gone. When you want the freshest seasonal produce you can get your hands on, there’s no better place than your local farmers’ market. The food there has traveled the shortest distance it could, so you know you’re supporting local farmers, too. But once you acquire the goods, what will you do with them all? Not to worry – we have the perfect vegetable recipes so you can use up all that fresh produce.
At an August Farmers’ Market, you’ll see seasonal veggies like green beans and black-eyed peas. Of course, you’ll see more traditional farmers’ market goods too, like cucumbers, onions and tomatoes. All of these veggies come cheap, and make for great family dinners.
Not only are the ingredients fresh, these recipe ideas are fresh, too! Straight from Pinterest, we collected our favorite farmers’ market recipes to give you a taste of variety! No need to stick to the same old boring dinner ideas when you can give some of these a try.
This blog post is part of our Link Love series, where we give some love to bloggers we admire. Check out the last link love: 13 Mini Munchies.
18 Farmers’ Market Recipes
- Cucumber Tomato Salad from The Blond Cook
- Cucumber Ranch Turkey Wraps from Taste and Tell
- Cucumber Noodles with Garlic Shrimp from Mommyhood’s Diary
- Baked Blooming Onion from The Cookie Rookie
- French Onion Chicken Noodle Casserole from Plain Chicken
- Rosemary Chicken with Mushrooms and Carmelized Onions from Recipes, Food and Cooking
- Crustless Caprese Quiche from Fresh April Flours
- Caprese-Style Portobellos from Proud Italian Cook
- Easy Spinach and Tomato Frittata from Avery Cooks
- Easy Baked Corn from Chef in Training
- Grilled Corn Fritters from Table for Two
- Shrimp and Corn Chowder from Damn Delicious
- Southern Style Squash Casserole by Recipes for Perfection
- Summer Squash Frittata by Fancy Food Fancy
- Taco Stuffed Summer Squash Boats by Smile Sandwich
Homemade Kettle Corn
- Homemade Kettle Corn by How Does She
- Fair Food Kettle Corn by Savory Sweet Life
- Sweet and Salty Kettle Corn by Mommy On Demand
What’s your local farmers market like?
Latest posts by RecipeLion (see all)
- 7 Vintage Candy Recipes Nana Would Make - October 16, 2017
- Exclusive: Bacon Cheeseburger Walking Tacos - October 9, 2017
- 12 Healthy Casserole Recipes for Hectic Weeknights - October 9, 2017