Addie’s main goal is Easy Elegant Entertaining, which has been the tagline of her personal blog, Addie’s Confetti Kitchen. “I believe that great food does not need to come completely from scratch, that elegance is in the way it is presented, and you don’t have to stress out to entertain,” she said.
Addie started cooking in her Minnesota hometown before she took off on her first culinary adventure at Auguste Escoffier in Colorado and Avignon, France. After working for Daniel Boulud and later Thomas Keller Restaurant Group, Addie gained branding experience at Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. She continues to write for Martha Stewart as part of her Contributor Network. Recently, Addie created food and beverage products for Chicago’s gravitytank. (Read more about Addie’s culinary experiences.)
Nowadays, she’s Executive Producer here at Prime Publishing, where she oversees recipe creation, photography and video for RecipeLion.com and more. Want a peek at the gorgeous cookbooks Addie and our team are making for 2017? Stay tuned for behind the scenes of food styling and recipe writing on RecipeChatter.
Q&A with Adia Benson
What kind of recipes do you share on your own social media?
In my pantry you’ll always find…
- Peanut butter, for my fiancé and dog – Alex enjoys it on ice cream and Paisley loves frozen filled Kongs.
- Candy – I have such a sweet tooth, and I always have candy lying around for party favors and crafts. I do my best to keep it for those needs versus just my own!
(Psst – check out Quick Bites, our new Test Kitchen video series with lots of cute, easy recipes!)
What makes you passionate about food?
What’s your signature recipe for friends and family?
Who’s your culinary muse?
The books I cook from over and over again are…
If you could have dinner with anyone, who would it be?
I love when my dinner guests bring:
- Flowers (but don’t bring an orchid – I do not have a green thumb and it will die)
- Prosecco / champagne, as that is something people have recognized as my go-to.
- Their dogs and babies!! We love dogs and we love kiddos. When you come to our house for dinner, we want you to know you can always bring a friend, or two, or three… There is always more room at our table.
What do you like to cook on weekends vs. weekdays?
I am big into meal prep, so on Sundays I grill up chicken and plan for the week. We use that chicken throughout the week – most of the time on quesadillas. My main go-to meal though is a baked potato, avocado and a fried egg!
Now that you’ve met Addie, follow her on social media!
What’s your culinary story?
Latest posts by RecipeChatter (see all)
- Top Three Reasons You Should Be Using Slow Cooker Liners + PanSaver Slow Cooker Liners Giveaway - October 25, 2016
- 10 Thanksgiving Preview Recipes + Sweet Potato Love Book Giveaway! - October 24, 2016
- Three Easy Recipes to Make a Complete Fancy French Meal - September 26, 2016