It’s that time of year where many of us are going baking crazy. Nothing says baking like muffins, so let’s get to it!
Muffin Round Up: 10 Must Try Recipes
One of my favorite breakfast items or even snack items are muffins. I make them frequently; however, I also try to make them without the oil and butter to avoid unnecessary fat and calories. Another thing I like to do is add in some type of fruit or veggie to make them healthier. This is also a great trick to use to get your kids to eat their fruits and veggies!
Today I am going to share with you my top 10 favorite muffin recipes. A few of these will be healthy and a few may not be, you can adapt healthier ingredients to make these suit your needs.
1. Blueberry Muffins – These muffins are a staple in most homes, blueberry muffins have almost become like a tradition. Almost always if muffins are served there will always be an option for blueberry.
2. Almond Peach Muffins – We are just finishing up peach season and I am sure many still have bunches of peaches that may be frozen from the summer months. These Almond Peach Muffins would be a good way to use those peaches up. These sound delicious for a weekend brunch.
3. Apple Pumpkin Muffins – My heart melted when I saw Apple Pumpkin Muffins. What better combination than the fall apples and fall pumpkin? I am going to be making these soon! Make these muffins for Thanksgiving and I am sure the family will love you!
4. White Chocolate Pineapple Muffins – I actually just happened to make these muffins recently and they were amazing. The pineapple and white chocolate made the perfect combination.
5. Banana Bran Muffins – For those that need a good balanced muffin that is packed full of nutrients this one is perfect for you! Get your fiber in your morning breakfast with these Banana Bran Muffins.
6. PB & J Muffins – Are your kids tired of the same PB & J sandwich? Try these PB & J muffins instead to give their lunches a little change! I don’t know about you but this recipe sounds good enough for me to make now.
7. Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins – Not much can get better than this! Pumpkin topped with chocolate? Yes, please!
8. Zucchini Muffins – Zucchini Muffins are my all time favorite way to incorporate veggies into muffins. My toddler in particular loves these muffins and it’s one of the few ways he will eat veggies.
9. Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Muffins – Lynn from Lynn’s Kitchen Adventures went to work creating this gluten free version of chocolate chip muffins! They are very tasty and perfect for those with an aversion to gluten.
10. Apple Cider Muffins – It is the time of year for Apple Cider and these muffins hit the fall taste buds head on. Serve these with a little coffee or cider.
These are my top 10 favorite muffin recipes, do you have a favorite?
About the blogger:
Kristy Still is the creator of Mommy Hates Cooking, wife to a loving husband and mother to an energy filled toddler. She realized after her son was born that her cooking skills were going to have to go up a notch to keep healthy food on the table for her family. There was only one problem, she hates cooking. She ended up making the decision to start her own blog as an attempt to find motivation and share her trials with others. To learn more about Kristy be sure to check out her featured foodie profile on RecipeLion.
Latest posts by RecipeChatter (see all)
- #SweetWeek: 15+ Easy Dessert Recipes Inspired By Southern Celebrities We Love - February 11, 2016
- #SweetWeek: 9 Slow Cooker Recipes for Your Galentine’s Day Party - February 10, 2016
- #SweetWeek: Love Yourself With 13 Healthy Dessert Recipes and More - February 9, 2016