With Thanksgiving right around the corner, it is only right that we bring some of the most festive dessert recipes of the season, and this one is a keeper. Pumpkin recipes are fall favorites that are essential at any dessert table on Thanksgiving. Plus, there are so many different desserts that can be made with pumpkin. From cookies to pies and cakes, pumpkin is a flavor that reminds us of the comforts of fall and prepares us for the brisk winter months ahead.
Today we are bringing you a recipe from our friends the Two Old Crabs. A staple at any Thanksgiving, pumpkin pie has become a favorite of households everywhere. Usually topped with whipped cream or Cool Whip, it’s soft texture and seasonal sweet flavor is simply irresistible. If you are a fan of pumpkin pie recipes, be sure to check out this recipe for 5 Star Pumpkin Pie. You won’t regret a single bite.
Thanksgiving Dessert: 5 Star Pumpkin Pie
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg + 2 egg yolks, beaten together
- 1 cup heavy cream or half & half
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon whiskey
- 1 unbaked deep-dish pie shell
pie weights (ceramic pie weights, uncooked rice or uncooked beans work well)
- whipped cream for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake pie shell for 10 minutes, using foil in bottom to hold pie weights.
- Remove pie weight and foil, then bake another 10 minutes, until just beginning to brown.
- In large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with hand mixer.
- Add pumpkin and beat until combined.
- Add sugar & salt and beat.
- Add eggs, cream and melted butter and beat until well incorporated.
- Add vanilla, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. Beat until blended.
- Pour filling into pre-baked pie shell and bake for 50 minutes, or until center of pie is set.
- Place on wire rack and cool to room temperature.
- Top each slice with generous dollop of whipped cream.
Latest posts by RecipeLion (see all)
- 12 Spring Potluck Recipes to Get the Most Out of Sunny Days - April 24, 2015
- Mom’s Praline Crescent Roll Casserole - April 23, 2015
- 11 Mason Jar Recipes for Spring - April 17, 2015