We can’t get enough dip recipes. They are perfect to serve at a family party or a at a game-day event. The only thing you need to worry about when preparing your dip recipes is double dipping. But let’s be honest with ourselves. When no one is looking, we always double dip the chip. And why not? When something is as delicious as a cheesy dip, you have to get the most you can out of your little chip.
There are so many different appetizers to choose from when you are trying to make your party menu. And no matter what the occasion, every party needs a great dip recipe to accompany the other appetizers. Whether you decide to do chips and salsa or a classic potato chips with an onion dip, you have to decide what you want to serve your guests.
We are bringing you a great recipe so you can go the extra mile with your dip, and impress all of your guests. Coming from our friends the Two Old Crabs, it is one dangerously cheesy dip. With a little Mexican flare, this Cheesy Chicken Nacho Dip is loaded with jalapenos and diced tomatoes with green chilies for an extra kick. Not only that, but it is made with bits of chicken, so with every bite you get a little of everything. It may be one of the heartiest dips you’ll ever make, and will have your guests wanting to double dip.
Cheesy Chicken Nacho Dip
- 14 ounce can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 ounces chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar/jack cheese
- 1 pound Velveeta processed cheese, cubed
- 2 cup cooked chicken, shredded or chopped
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup diced scallions
- 1 1/2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno slices, minced
- 1 can black beans, drained
1. Prepare your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Add the can of diced tomatoes (do not drain), the chicken broth, scallions, sour cream, and as many chopped green chilies as you prefer. We don’t enjoy things burning hot, but these give this appetizer a great little bite so we use the entire can.
3. Add the cubes of Velveeta to the slow cooker, then add the shredded cheese.
4. Chop the chicken into small pieces.
5. Stir in the taco seasoning, minced jalapeno slices and the black beans (drained & rinsed).
6. Cook on a high setting for two hours until the cheese has completely melted. Stir to make sure everything is combined, then turn the slow cooker to low and enjoy your appetizer!
Latest posts by RecipeLion (see all)
- All-Star Recipe: Funeral Sandwiches - March 2, 2016
- How to Cook Ground Beef + Top 17 Best Ground Beef Recipes - February 15, 2016
- 20+ Slow Cooker Recipes for Christmas Breakfast - December 24, 2015