People say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and with some of our great breakfast recipes, we couldn’t agree more. There are so many different breakfast foods that you can choose from. Some people need to have their standard bowl of cereal in the morning, others prefer a bagel or a doughnut with a cup of Joe.
There is one thing that we all can agree on, and that is that every once in a while you deserve something special for breakfast. You deserve something that you don’t get everyday, like eggs and bacon or homemade blueberry pancakes. Or for this occasion, how about some great french toast recipes?
This delicious french toast recipe comes from our friends the Two Old Crabs. Packed with strawberries, cinnamon, brown sugar, and cream cheese, it’s like you’re having dessert for breakfast. And we can’t complain about that. Make someone feel special this morning and make a breakfast fit for kings. Enjoy and happy eating!
Double Stuffed French Toast
- 2 Pieces of (Costco) cinnamon swirl bread cut into 1-inch slices
- 3 ounces of cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup of whole milk
- 1/8 teaspoon of powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoons of
- 1/8 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons of butter
- 4 large fresh strawberries, rinsed and tops removed
- 1/2 Tablespoon of sugar
- pinch of salt
1. Slice strawberries into thin slices & place in small bowl.
2. Add 1/2 T. sugar to strawberry slices to make them sweat & make a â€˜syrup’.
3. In another small bowl, stir softened cream cheese until creamy & smooth.
4. To cream cheese, add vanilla, 1 T. powdered sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon.
5. Stir until completely incorporated.
6. Slice into bottom of each piece of bread, forming a pocket on the inside.
7. Carefully open the pocket you just created, being careful not to split the bread.
8. Spread a good amount of the cream cheese mixture inside the pocket.
9. Fill with sliced strawberries & the syrup the sugar is creating.
10. Set bread aside.
11. In flat bottom bowl, combine 2 eggs and whole milk.
12. Stir with fork (or whisk) until completely combined.
13. Carefully handling the stuffed bread, place 1 slice in the egg mixture for 3 seconds.
14. Turn bread over to coat the other side for another 3 seconds.
15. Place coated bread on dry plate & repeat with 2nd slice. Melt butter on griddle.
16. Gently place bread on melted butter & when bottom is golden brown, turn to brown the top.
17. Place on dish & dust with 1 T. powdered sugar.
18. Serve immediately, with more strawberries & oranges and your favorite syrup.
Latest posts by RecipeLion (see all)
- 4 Turkey Leftover Recipes That Aren’t Turkey Sandwiches - November 25, 2016
- Your Dump and Go Meal Plan - October 31, 2016
- 12 of our Best Anytime Soup Recipes free eCookbook - October 12, 2016