Grilling season is coming to an end, but we thought that we would give you one last grilling recipe that we received from our friends the Two Old Crabs. This oyster recipe makes for a great appetizer or tailgating dish for you football fans.
Flavored butter melts into the meat creating the perfect shellfish delight. Sprinkled with Parmesan cheese, some minced garlic, and cayenne pepper, it truly is mouthwatering. All you need to do is use a fork to slide each bite into your mouth and enjoy. Scoop up the buttery sauce with some toasted bread and don’t waste a single drop of goodness.
Grilled Oysters on the Half Shell
- 1/2 stick butter, softened
- 1 small pinch kosher salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 Tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 small lemon
- 1 small bunch parsley
1. Wash the outer shell of the oysters, then shuck them being careful to keep as much of the juice in the shell as possible.
2. In a small bowl, combine the softened butter, salt, pepper, minced garlic, 1 T. Parmesan, cayenne pepper, 2 T. minced parsley and the juice of 1/2 lemon.
3. Heat the grill until it’s very, very hot.
4. Place the oysters on the hottest part of the grill & cook them in their own juices just until they start to bubble & the edges begin to curl.
5. Top each oyster with the butter mixture, using the entire amount.
6. When the sauce begins to bubble & sizzle, top each oyster with the remaining Parmesan.
7. Continue to cook the oysters until the edges of the oyster & sauce & cheese gets nice and beautifully brown.
8. Garnish with the rest of the minced parsley & some freshly squeezed lemon juice.
9. Serve hot from the grill with plenty of rustic bread to mop up the juices from the plate.
What’s Your Favorite Football Snack??
Latest posts by RecipeLion (see all)
- 12 Spring Potluck Recipes to Get the Most Out of Sunny Days - April 24, 2015
- Mom’s Praline Crescent Roll Casserole - April 23, 2015
- 11 Mason Jar Recipes for Spring - April 17, 2015