Today is Day 7 of our 12 Days of Christmas in July Giveaway. You can enter each day to win the prize of the day! Contest rules and how to enter are below.
It takes just a minute to enter: simply comment below answering the question of the day!
On the seventh day of our 12 Days of Christmas in July Giveaway, my true love gave to me…the Pesto, Sundried Tomato, Olive and Goat Cheese Torta recipe from Gourmac!
For the Pesto:
- Large bunch of fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
For the Torta:
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes, finely chopped in food processor
- ¼ cup pitted mixed olives, finely chopped in food processor (OR bottled olive tapenade, oil drained)
- 10 oz soft mild goat cheese, softened at room temperature
- 10 oz whipped cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- For a smooth look, line the small loaf pan with parchment paper. Cut 1 long piece of parchment to line bottom and ends, leaving an overhang, then trace and cut out 2 more pieces for sides of pan with an overhang.
- Prepare the pesto by mixing in a food processor the basil, garlic, parmesan, salt & pepper. Set aside. (Or, if using store-bought pesto, be sure to drain the oil using a fine mesh sieve. Dispose of excess oil.)
- Mix the goat cheese, cream cheese, and ¼ tsp of pepper together.
- Spread about 1/4 (approx. ½ cup) of cheese mixture evenly over bottom of loaf pan.
- Spread all pesto evenly on top of the cheese mixture.
- Spread another layer of the cheese mixture (approx. ½ cup) very gently to cover the pesto.
- Top with the chopped sundried tomatoes, spreading evenly.
- Spread another layer of the cheese mixture (approx. ½ cup) very gently to cover the sundried tomatoes.
- Spread the chopped olives evenly on top.
- Top with the remaining cheese mixture, spreading gently to cover the olives.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 8 hours, up to 24 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove plastic wrap from top of pan and invert the pan onto a serving plate, peel off the parchment paper. Let the dip stand at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving. Serve with sliced baguette or crostini.
Enter to win the Mini Utensil and Mug Set from Gourmac! Made from Melamine, a high quality plastic that cannot be reshaped after its first mold, you will no longer worry about snapping or cracking your utensils while cooking. The mini utensils are perfect for serving and cooking, and you will find yourself reaching for them over and over. The gorgeous slim mug is the perfect home for these utensils, and its sleek design will look great on any desk or counter.
In order to win today’s 12 Days of Christmas in July Giveaway, all you need to do is leave a comment on this blog post below telling us:
What is your favorite easy appetizer?
OFFICIAL RULES FOR DAILY CONTEST:
- There is a maximum of one entry per person. The entry will be based upon a comment left on this blog post. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- Winner will be selected at random from the comments on this blog post.
- Winner will be announced here on the blog July 23, 2015 as well as contacted by the email address provided.
- You have until tomorrow, July 22, 2015 at 11:59p EST to leave your comment on the project above. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada.
THIS CONTEST HAS ENDED. Check out the rest of the 12 Days of Christmas in July giveaway series. There are still 5 chances to win!
Congratulations to Melanie Comello!
You’ve won the Mini Utensil and Mug Set! You will receive an e-mail shortly.
Latest posts by AllFreeCasseroleRecipes (see all)
- Paleo Casseroles: 11 Lighter Casserole Recipes - December 5, 2016
- 10 First Lady Casseroles - October 24, 2016
- 12 Single Lady Casseroles: Casseroles for One + Swiss Diamond Giveaway! - October 10, 2016