Mixes are the best cooking shortcut of all. It’s strange that so many people are convinced that to be a “good cook,” you need to make everything from scratch. In my opinion, a good cook knows when they can take shortcuts like Bisquick recipes or cake mix recipes to get the food on the table faster. It’s just smarter to go the easy route!
Boxed mixes like Bisquick are such time-savers and they eliminate a lot of messy measuring, too. Why stand there measuring out baking powder and flour and sugar separately when you can just scoop some cake mix into a bowl? It takes the measuring and/or guesswork out of it, and then you can get to the fun part like adding flavors or assembling your recipe.
Of course, you also save some money using mixes. Buying all those separate ingredients can be pricey. When you’re on a budget, it can make a difference to avoid buying a bunch of baking supplies you don’t really need.
We gathered the best Bisquick recipes, cake mix recipes and Jiffy recipes so you can take advantage of quick fixes with mixes.
25 Quick Fixes With Mixes:
Bisquick Recipes, Cake Mix Recipes and More
- Bisquick Apple Drop Biscuits
- Busy Day John Wayne Casserole
- Best Ever Chicken Pot Pie
- Bisquick Creamy Chicken Casserole
- “More Please!” Cheeseburger Casserole
- Amish Zucchini Casserole
- Impossibly Easy Chili Pie
- Ham and Cheese Mini Quiches
- Vintage Biscuits and Gravy
- Bisquick Chicken Nuggets
Cake Mix Recipes
- Holy Cow Cake
- Cannoli Poke Cake
- Death By Chocolate Poke Cake
- Caramel Apple Cake Mix Cobbler
- Southern Style Strawberry Coconut Cake
- Shirley Temple Poke Cake
- Ultimate Chocolate Pudding Dump Cake
- Earthquake Cake
- Apple Spice Whoopie Pies
- Shortcut Boston Creme Poke Cake
Jiffy Mix Recipes
- Corn Casserole
- Creamy Baked Corn
- Cornbread and Chicken Casserole
- Slow Cooker Cornbread Chicken Enchiladas
- Pumpkin Cornbread Wedges
What’s your most prized cooking shortcut?
Latest posts by RecipeLion (see all)
- 14 Memorial Day Desserts For Every Cookout - May 22, 2017
- 25+ Old Fashioned Recipes from the 40s, 50s, and 60s - May 19, 2017
- 8 Side Dish Casseroles You’ll Love - May 10, 2017