That’s music to our ears, because at FaveSouthernRecipes.com, there are plenty of classic southern recipes that Johnny Cash would have loved. Just like most of Cash’s music, many of these recipes are low and slow.
Johnny Cash had such a distinct voice and sound. When you hear a Johnny Cash song, that deep bass-baritone and slight twang is unmistakable. He was a singular performer and song-writer, and just like Elvis (a fellow peanut butter lover), he did things his own way.
Somewhat larger than life, Cash endured countless hardships and yet still worked hard at his art, creating some of his best music near the end of his life. It’s a lesson he passed to his son. Carter Cash said “Towards the end of his life, my father was struggling and in pain, going blind, and sickness was taking over his body. Still he endured, and not only that, he excelled.”
photo source: public domain image
We think that’s a lesson you can learn from cooking, too. No matter what struggles you face in life, cooking can be a passion that keeps you moving forward – just like Cash and his music. We hope our easy southern recipes can serve up some inspiration.
Based on Carter Cash’s list of Johnny Cash’s favorite foods, we gathered this list of southern recipes we think he would love.
8 Southern Recipes Johnny Cash Would Love
Fried Chicken Recipes
- The Best Buttermilk Fried Chicken
- Easy Homemade Fried Chicken
- Crispy Southern Fried Chicken
- Southern Staple: 13 Finger Lickin’ Fried Chicken Recipes
Fried Catfish Recipes
Peanut Butter Dessert Recipes
- Amazing No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Crunchies
- Crunchy PB Clusters
- 14 Easy Peanut Butter Cookies
If you liked this list, check out our collection of 12 Down Home Recipes Elvis Would Have Loved.
Do you like the same foods as Johnny Cash?
Latest posts by FaveSouthernRecipes (see all)
- 11 Southern Food Recipes Dolly Parton Would Love - December 19, 2016
- Get More Bang for Your Buck: 13 Budget-Friendly Recipes - October 20, 2016
- 12 Southern Recipes Carrie Underwood Would Love - October 6, 2016