Sometimes I’m just lazy, I want delicious homemade food but I’m simply too lazy to go through the effort to make it. This is often simultaneously when I’m craving comfort food – like a delicious, cheesy, macaroni and cheese casserole – go figure, lazy and I want comfort food.
What’s a girl to do? Short of just whipping up some easy boxed stuff by itself (blasphemy!) I found one way to get some super yummy macaroni and cheese casserole with practically no fuss at all! You really can’t find an easier macaroni and cheese recipe that tastes homemade.
Recipe: Simple Stove-top Mac N’ Cheese Casserole
- 1 box of organic macaroni and cheese (shells)
- 1/2 cup of tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded white cheddar
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 cooked sausages of choice (I used spicy chicken sausage)
- 1/2 Italian bread crumbs
- pepper to taste
- Cook macaroni and cheese according to package directions.
- Add tomatoes, cut up sausage links, bread crumbs and mix.
- Turn burner on low, add cheeses and mix until melted. Sprinkle with pepper. Serve.
Number of servings (yield): 2 to 4
Do you have any go-to favorite recipes for when you’re feeling lazy?
Latest posts by RecipeLion (see all)
- Link Love: 18 Deli Salad Recipes for Summer - June 30, 2015
- Grandma’s One Pot Recipes + Swiss Diamond Sauteuse Pan Giveaway - June 22, 2015
- Don’t Make Dad a Burger: Make Him These Father’s Day Recipes Instead - June 14, 2015