State fairs prize themselves on providing some of the weirdest foods you’ll see all year. If it exists, they will deep-fry it. If you can combine two beloved foods, they’ll do it. And if it looks bad for you, they’ll work on making it just a little worse. State fair food: making dreams a reality.
Many people find these foods just plain disgusting, and just as many can’t wait to get in line to try it. From deep-fried oreos to a hot-dog-in-a-hamburger, these recipes usually make headlines. Every year, the pressure is on to out-do last year’s crazy creations. A couple years ago, the Texas State Fair had fried margaritas and fried bubble gum, so the bar is high. This year, the Minnesota State Fair offers up a maple bacon funnel cake and mac n’ cheese cupcakes.
If you can’t get enough state fair food or you can’t travel to these foodie-heaven fairs, try making some at home! We have recipes just as weird, if not weirder, than these probably-made-in-a-lab mutant foods. Start with your favorite deep fried recipes and work your way up to the big leagues.
State Fair Food Weirder Than The Real Thing
- Cinnamon Roll Waffles
- Cheeseburger Casserole
- How to Make Candied Bacon
- Funnel Pancakes
- Copycat Pizza Breadsticks
- Deep Fried Pineapple on a Stick – If you really love the deep fried recipes, here’s more!
- Amish Fried Apple Pie
- Snow Cone Cupcakes
- Banana Cream Pie Krispy Treats
- Fried Green Beans
For more, see our 11 Crazy State Fair Inspired Recipes.
Which of these recipes seems weirdest to you?
Latest posts by RecipeLion (see all)
- 12 of our Best Anytime Soup Recipes free eCookbook - October 12, 2016
- Welcome Fall With These 10 Best Apple Desserts - September 19, 2016
- 23 Classic Diner Recipes - September 9, 2016