Swiss Diamond is known for the finely crafted cookware. They make a range of pots and pans to suit different recipes and cooking needs.
We had the opportunity to use their Stainless Steel Dutch Oven in our test kitchen and we couldn’t be happier with how our recipes came out. The stainless steel material makes caramelizing ingredients easy, allowing flavors to fully develop. The size of the pot makes it fantastic for using to make fried chicken recipes, stews, and pasta recipes.
As a bonus to our readers, we are giving away one Swiss Diamond Stainless Steel Dutch Oven!
See contest details below.
Italian-Style Mushroom Marinara
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 finely chopped large yellow onion, (about 1 1/2 cups)
6 fresh garlic cloves, pressed
6 medium tomatoes, diced
2 (15 oz) cans diced tomatoes
1 cup Red Wine
1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
1 Tbsp Kosher Salt
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 lb fresh mushrooms, rinsed, dried, sliced
1 cup fresh basil, chifonade
- Heat a Swiss Diamond Dutch Oven or Stock Pot over medium heat. Add olive oil and sauté the onions and garlic until softened and fragrant. About 5 – 8 minutes.
- Roughly chop tomatoes then add to the pot along with the diced tomatoes with juice. Bring to a boil uncovered over med/high heat for 15 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Add next seven ingredients through black pepper to pot, boil another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pulse a few times with an immersion blender to desired consistency. Ideally you will still have some tomato chunks.
- Add fresh sliced mushrooms and fresh basil and simmer uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until the mushrooms are soft and cooked in.
Enjoy over your favorite pasta!
Swiss Diamond Stainless Steel Dutch Oven Giveaway
Swiss Diamond Stainless Steel Dutch Oven is a functional and durable piece of cookware that everyone should own. We are teaming up with Swiss Diamond to give away one Dutch Oven to one lucky winner, and it could be you.
The stainless steel pot can be used on any cook top, including induction. It is perfect to use for making all of your favorite soups, sauces, and much more! See the full review.
Enter to win now through June 5th!
See the pot in action below!
Latest posts by FaveSouthernRecipes (see all)
- 10 Pineapple Recipes for a Southern Staycation - March 16, 2017
- 9 Southern Recipes Country-Era Taylor Swift Would Love - February 16, 2017
- 5 Amazing Cajun Recipes - January 23, 2017