Labor Day is right around the corner, and I don’t know about you, but I will be taking full advantage of celebrating summer’s final weekend with a barbecue. No time to cook? Not to worry. Our friends at AllFreeSlowCookerRecipes have a slew of easy slow cooker recipes to help you out! From appetizers to dessert, and everything in between, they’ve got your bases covered. Don’t let the hassle of cooking stop you from enjoying your Labor Day cookout! Check out some of my favorite easy and simple recipes below:
Appetizers and finger food work great for cookouts. They keep the crowd happy while the charcoal gets ready, allowing time to catch up and maybe play some games. Begin the barbecue with some of these delicious slow cooker appetizer recipes! Spinach and Artichoke Dip, Buffalo Wings, or the ever-popular Hot Dog and Bacon Roll-Ups for the little ones. My personal favorite, however? Party Mix! Check out the recipe below to learn how to make this perfectly-seasoned mixture of deliciousness.
Easy and Slow Cooker Party Mix: You won’t believe how easy this tasty mixture is to make. It may take 3 hours to complete, but all you have to do is mix everything together and give it a stir every 30 minutes!
- Mix together Wheat Chex, cheese crackers, pretzels, and salted peanuts or mixed nuts.
- Combine melted butter or margarine, Worchestershire sauce, seasoned salt, onion powder, and garlic powder in a different bowl and drizzle over Chex mixture. Stir everything together and cover.
- Cook on the lowest setting for three hours, stirring occasionally. When ready to eat, this tasty party mix can be served warm or at room temperature.
Chances are, the main dish at your Labor Day will be taken care of on the grill. Check out RecipeLion’s 13 Best Grilling Recipes for some of the tastiest grilling recipes around! Whether you’re grilling beef tenderloin, or burgers, there’s a recipe for everyone!
Finish things off with some of these slow cooker dessert recipes from our sister site, AllFreeSlowCookerRecipes. Bid summer adieu with Key Lime Cake, or celebrate fall’s arrival with Apple Cake Dessert.
- Reconstitute frozen orange juice with water in a punch bowl.
- Add pineapple juice and club soda.
- Add an ice ring and serve.
Note: An ice ring can be made by simply freezing water into a large ring mold, such as a Bundt pan.
Take a look at these other great slow cooker recipes from some great food bloggers! Here are two easy recipes for your Labor Day barbecue that can be made in a slow cooker:
Labor Day is just a few days away. If a barbecue is on your agenda, at least now you won’t have to fret about what to bring with these easy slow cooker recipes!
Are you surprised by all the great things you can make in a slow cooker?
Latest posts by RecipeChatter (see all)
- Volunteering at Feed My Starving Children - November 23, 2015
- #SlowCookerWeek: 20 Best Thanksgiving Slow Cooker Recipes - November 20, 2015
- #SlowCookerWeek: Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Recipe - November 18, 2015