Well, it’s that time of year where everyone is expecting you to throw some type of party. Whether it is a holiday party, a new year’s party, or a sports party, there is one common thing that is expected of them all – appetizers! They come in all different shapes and sizes and vary in flavor. Do you go the salty route? Sweet? Salty and sweet? Hot or cold? There are just so many options! It is sometimes just too much to bare. Here at Recipe Lion we’re aware of your appetizer anxiety and are in a little debate of our own as to what are the best party foods.
Lately, I’ve noticed a food trend in delectable mini treats. I came across these Mini Frittatas the other day and made them for my football party. They were a huge success! My usual rule of thumb is that if you can stick a tooth pick or a cute little sword in it, I am probably going to love it. Same thing goes for my drinks; if you can stick a mini umbrella in it, I’m gonna love it. Some say that simplicity is the key to the party food and stick to the staple snack trays. An oldie but a goodie, try Market Day Zesty Tailgate Snack Tray if you err to the side of simplicity. If you are someone that hangs their hat on dips, you’ll love our White Mexican Cheese Dip. Personally, I don’t do dips. Double dipping is always a point of contention at a party. Others say that Potato Skins and Party Pin Wheels are essential. The list goes on and on.
We understand that it is difficult to come to a decision on what to give your guests. Nobody said that finger foods were going to be easy. That’s why we’re here to help. We’ve scoured the internet for what we consider to be some of the best appetizer and party foods out there. We stopped our debate, put down our fists, opinions aside and carefully handpicked these recipes. We decided that the best thing to do was to just give a little of something for everyone. And they all look so good! Remember, if you stuff your guests with appetizers you wont have to make them a main course! In some cultures, the appetizer is dinner. Don’t quote me on that. Here are some of our favorites:
- Baby Skins – These come from the great folks at Bee In Our Bonnet and are a great bite sized party food. Made with russet potatoes, cheese, bacon, and topped with sour cream, you can pop back one after the other without even noticing how many you ate.
- Honey Glazed Chicken and Bacon Bites – This recipe comes from the great bloggers at Kayotic Kitchen (one of my favorite sites) and it is incredible. Easy to make and even easier to enjoy, this will be a hit at any party.
- Mozzarella Sticks with Buttermilk Dip – You’re probably thinking another mozzarella stick recipe? And yes! This cheesy recipe comes from the great people at Food People Want and makes one of the cheesiest party foods out there. The highlight of the recipe is not the cheese, however, but the dip. Forget the ranch, forget the marinara, you’re going to be satisfied with this substitute.
- Macaroni & Cheese Bites – Okay, you may need to take a seat. What I’m going to share with you is shocking. Macaroni and Cheese…are you ready…bites. This fantastic party food comes from the great site Macaroni and Cheesecake and is so simple and delicious. I can’t see any reason not to make it. Make one of your favorite dishes into a bite-sized treat!
- Buffalo Chicken Bites – This wonderful recipe comes from Joelen at What’s Cookin’ Chicago blog. Here at Recipe Lion we can’t get enough of buffalo chicken anything. This one is simply mouth watering. Make it for your party today!
We hope that you enjoyed all of these recipes. If you enjoyed these recipes check out our No-Fail Party Pleasers page for a more in-depth look of the great appetizers we offer at Recipe Lion. Hopefully there will be no point of contention with your party foods or appetizers this year.
What are some of your favorite party food recipes?
Latest posts by RecipeLion (see all)
- 10 BBQ and Grill Recipes to Drool Over This Summer - May 23, 2016
- Exclusive: Adia Benson from Food Network’s Cutthroat Kitchen Talks Next Season - May 19, 2016
- 13 Mother’s Day Recipes that will Make Mom Proud - May 3, 2016