Are you planning a big holiday breakfast? This year we are having all the family over on Christmas Eve for breakfast. I am really excited about this because it allows me to add a holiday touch to my breakfast dishes. I already have a long list of items that I want to serve, which I’m trying to scale back just a bit. I find it fun though to make homemade dishes for others.
Today, I thought I would share with you some ideas to get the creativity flowing for your holiday breakfast or brunch. There are even some dishes which you can make head of time, for a real stress-free holiday!
1. Ginger Pancakes – I made these last year on a snowy winter morning. They are the perfect fit for breakfast, especially for the kids. Sprinkle with a little powdered sugar or snow as we like to call it.
2. Christmas Morning Casserole – I also think a casserole is a must on Christmas morning. All the guest need to get their protein and this is a great way to do just that!
3. Baked Overnight French Toast – I like to prepare as much as I can the night before. This recipe allows you to plan out your meal and prepare in advance. All you will need to do in the morning is warm up in the oven!
4. Make Ahead Breakfast Casserole – This is another recipe that can be prepared in advance. This is also good for busy mornings not just holidays!
5. Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal – This recipe comes from Lynn’s Kitchen Adventures. I have dubbed her queen of baked oatmeal, she has some of the best baked oatmeal recipes. This is great for those that may be health conscious, not to mention like me who are not huge fans of eggs! I can already imagine the wonderful smell this would bring to the home on a cold, winter morning.
6. Granny’s Chocolate Gravy – I had to include this in my holiday breakfast menu because my husband’s family LOVES it. They all grew up with chocolate gravy, so this is sure to make an appearance.
These are a few of the items going on my holiday breakfast menu along with lots of different coffee drinks and fruit of course.
What’s your favorite holiday breakfast food? Do you make special Christmas morning breakfast?
Kristy Still is the creator of Mommy Hates Cooking, wife to a loving husband and mother to an energy filled toddler. She realized after her son was born that her cooking skills were going to have to go up a notch to keep healthy food on the table for her family. There was only one problem, she hates cooking. She ended up making the decision to start her own blog as an attempt to find motivation and share her trials with others. To learn more about Kristy be sure to check out her featured foodie profile on RecipeLion.