This round up of great edible gift ideas and gift in a jar recipes comes from our contributor Kristy – from Mommy Hates Cooking. Since budgets are tight and many of us are keeping a close eye on our wallets this holiday season, the gift in a jar idea is not only a nice personal touch – it’s budget friendly too! So get creative this season and make edible gifts from the heart. ~ Sarah (RecipeLion Editor)
Holiday Gift Ideas
Do you have a large group that you need small gift items for? Are you on a tight budget this year and need some frugal ideas? I have just the ideas you need to get you started in the right direction. I love giving gifts, but let’s face it I can’t spend a lot of money doing it. On the other hand, I can spend time in the kitchen making some of my favorite baked goods to deliver. I also think there is more meaning behind these gifts because of the time and thought invested in it.
Let’s get right to my Top 8 Gift Ideas involving food!
1. Grandma’s Goop – This is a recipe that has been used in my family for years! I love to make a large helping of it and then bag it up in holiday gift bags and give out. It’s also a nice touch to add a little homemade gift tag with the recipe on it as well.
2. Pie in a Jar – This is a new technique that I just caught on to last year; however, you can virtually make just about anything in a jar! This is a baked pie made right in the jar and even easier to eat. It’s delicious; decorate the jar with your favorite crafty touch. For more gifts in a jar recipes check out this e-CookBook filled with ideas from Recipe Lion.
3. Oatmeal Chippers in a Jar – This recipe is part of Recipe Lion’s Gifts in a Jar e-Cookbook and comes from their friends at Mr. Food; and with my love for cookies I had to spotlight this one. I love this idea because it allows you to prepare the cookie ingredients and then the recipient can make the cookies when they are ready to eat them!
4. Reindeer Corn Cookie Bark – Take a look at this one…now stop drooling. This just looks delicious, it will sure be a favorite this holiday season. It’s very simple to make too so even the kids can help. Bag it up and decorate with a recipe tag and you are all set!
5. White Chocolate Popcorn – I am planning to make this for my son’s teachers this year. It is not only simple but delicious! Pair it with a few candy canes and that will add a decorative touch.
6. DIY S’mores Kit – I guarantee all the kids will love this! We are doing a $5 and under gift exchange in our family and this will be on my list. I know it will be a hit with the entire family!
7. Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix in a Jar – This classic cookie recipe is reinvented into a wonderful sweet gift for your loved ones. You can never go wrong with chocolate chip cookie recipes, and this makes a fun gift to your baking loving friends and family.
8. Blizzard Bites in a Jar – This tasty salty and sweet treat makes a delicious snack or party food; it also makes a wonderful gift! Loaded with pretzels, peanuts, dried fruits and white chocolate, your gift receiver will love making this treat. It’s a super easy recipe for them to follow too.
Now it’s your turn, what are your food related gift ideas? What types of goodies do you make this time of year?
Kristy Still is the creator of Mommy Hates Cooking, wife to a loving husband and mother to an energy filled toddler. She realized after her son was born that her cooking skills were going to have to go up a notch to keep healthy food on the table for her family. There was only one problem, she hates cooking. She ended up making the decision to start her own blog as an attempt to find motivation and share her trials with others. To learn more about Kristy be sure to check out her featured foodie profile on RecipeLion.
Latest posts by RecipeLion (see all)
- RecipeLion’s No-Bake Desserts Cookbook Featured in Closer Weekly - July 18, 2017
- Millionaire Pie Recipe - July 17, 2017
- Windy City Live Welcomes RecipeLion’s Addie Gundry - July 10, 2017