Today is Day 7 of our 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway. You can enter each day to win the prize of the day! Contest rules and how to enter are below.
It takes just a minute to enter: simply comment below answering the question of the day!
On the seventh day of our 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway, my true love gave to me…this Holiday Beef of Filet recipe from Vacu Vin Co.
Serves 8 – 10
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup dry red wine
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 ½ – 5 pound whole beef filet or tenderloin
- Place all marinade ingredients into a large zip-top bag and shake to mix. Add the beef and marinate using the VacuVin Marinator as instructed for 15 minutes. Or allow to marinate at room temperature for 45 minutes or in the refrigerator up to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove beef from marinade and discard bag and contents. Place beef on a roasting rack in a heavy roasting pan and roast to an internal temperature of 145 degrees F (about 1 to 1½ hours, depending on thickness) for medium rare, longer for more well done meat.
Enter to win a Instant Marinator from Vacu Vin Co. Why wait for your meat to marinate when these breezy little invention can take care of it in no time?
In order to win today’s 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway, all you need to do is leave a comment on this blog post below telling us:
What is your favorite main dish for holiday parties?
OFFICIAL RULES FOR DAILY CONTEST:
- There is a maximum of one entry per person. The entry will be based upon a comment left on this blog post. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- Winner will be selected at random from the comments on this blog post.
- Winner will be announced here on the blog December 10, 2015 as well as contacted by the email address provided.
- You have until tomorrow, December 9, 2015 at 11:59p EST to leave your comment on the project above. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada.
THIS CONTEST HAS ENDED. Check out the rest of the 12 Days of Christmas giveaway series. There are still 5 chances to win!
Congratulations to Siobhan!
You’ve won the Vacu Vin Instant Marinator! You will receive an e-mail shortly.
Plus, don’t miss your opportunity to win a “sleigh” of prizes!
Latest posts by RecipeLion (see all)
- Two-Tomato Salsa + Brieftons Giveaway - December 20, 2016
- Slow Cooker Coq au Vin a la Julia Child + the zen of slow cooking Giveaway - December 19, 2016
- Old School German Goulash + Dreamfarm Giveaway - December 16, 2016