This guest post comes from our friends at Tip Hero. Enjoy…
A Very Sweet Potato Roundup
By: Kira at Tip Hero
I’ve been on a sweet potato kick lately and I don’t care who knows it. My new favorite winter recipe, which I’ve made 3 times in the last month or two, is this amazing Crockpot Chicken and Sweet Potatoes recipe I found over at Busy Cooks at About.com (highly recommended)!
The best thing about sweet potatoes is that they’re in season, so you should be able to find some great deals on them at your local grocer. When you do find a great deal, stock up and try out some of these delicious looking recipes featured over at $5 Dinners. Trust me, I’m right behind you:
- Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Mango-Black Bean Salsa:This recipe yields an impressive presentation, but it’s really easy to make. Just bake sweet potatoes and fill with the mango-black bean salsa.
- Slow Cooker Maple Chicken:This recipe is a crowd pleaser for adults and children alike. Apart from the sweet potatoes, you’ll need chicken thighs, maple syrup, baby carrots, red onion, salt and pepper.
- Slow Cooker Sweet Potato and Chicken Curry:One can never have too many slow cooker recipes in their arsenal. Make this meal with the same ingredients above. Just delete the maple syrup and add in some coconut milk and curry powder.
- Alea’s Ginger, Sweet Potato and Bean Soup:Here’s a fast, easy and delicious vegetarian soup that you can make on any cold winter night.
Find more recipes over at $5 Dinners’ Sweet Potato Recipe Roundup.
Latest posts by RecipeLion (see all)
- Link Love: 7 Sweet Recipes Celebrating the American Chef in Paris - August 15, 2016
- Link Love: 20 Breakfast Bowl Recipes - August 1, 2016
- Simple Herbed Cucumber Tea Sandwiches + Epicurean Giveaway - July 26, 2016