Today is Day 1 of our 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway. You can enter each day to win the prize of the day! Contest rules and how to enter are below.
It takes just a minute to enter: simply comment below answering the question of the day!
On the first day of our 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway, my true love gave to me…this Streusel-Topped Sweet Potato Casserole from WMF Americas.
Streusel-Topped Sweet Potato Casserole
Serves 8 – 10
NOTES: If your casserole dish is too large for your microwave, potatoes may be cooked in another dish and transferred to the bake dish in the overlapping pattern. Or the potatoes may be cooked in a pot of boiling water for 5-6 minutes, drained completely and then arranged in the dish.
- 3 ½ – 4 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup chilled butter
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 cups whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Peel and cut potatoes into ¼” slices. Arrange the slices in an overlapping pattern in the dish. Add ½ cup water and cover the dish with plastic wrap. Microwave on full power for 4 – 8 minutes until potatoes are still firm and hold their shape but are about half-cooked.
- Meanwhile, combine brown sugar, butter and flour using a fork or pastry blender to form a crumbly topping. Stir in the pecans.
- When potatoes are out of the microwave, carefully tip the dish and pour out any water in the bottom. Rearrange the rows as necessary. Pour the cream over the potatoes and sprinkle with the streusel topping – it will be somewhat sparse and not cover the potatoes completely.
- Bake uncovered for 50-60 minutes – the potatoes should be soft and the cream will have formed a caramel-like sauce. Serve while hot.
Enter to win one Vitalis Roasting Pan and one Silit Roasting Pan from WMF Americas. These pans will make roasting, braising and casseroles so much easier. They’re scratch-proof and dishwasher-safe!
In order to win today’s 12 Days of Christmas in July Giveaway, all you need to do is leave a comment on this blog post below telling us:
What is your favorite way to cook with sweet potatoes?
OFFICIAL RULES FOR DAILY CONTEST:
- There is a maximum of one entry per person. The entry will be based upon a comment left on this blog post. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- Winner will be selected at random from the comments on this blog post.
- Winner will be announced here on the blog December 2, 2015 as well as contacted by the email address provided.
- You have until tomorrow, December 1, 2015 at 11:59p EST to leave your comment on the project above. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada.
THIS CONTEST HAS ENDED. Check out the rest of the 12 Days of Christmas giveaway series. There are still 11 chances to win!
Congratulations to Michael C.!
You’ve won the Vitalis Roasting Pan and one Silit Roasting Pan from WMF Americas! You will receive an e-mail shortly.
Plus, don’t miss your opportunity to win a “sleigh” of prizes!
Latest posts by RecipeLion (see all)
- 12 of our Best Anytime Soup Recipes free eCookbook - October 12, 2016
- Welcome Fall With These 10 Best Apple Desserts - September 19, 2016
- 23 Classic Diner Recipes - September 9, 2016