Tuna salad is a staple of many people’s diets. Whether you’re a tuna salad purist and prefer simply mayo, salt, pepper and relish or an adventurist who will try anything from water chestnuts to chili peppers in your tuna salad, we can all agree that tuna salad always pleases. Whip up one of our 10 favorite tuna salad recipes for lunch, dinner or any time in between. They are so good you’ll soon be calling one of these recipes your standby. We have included one of our most popular recipes, Southwest Tuna Salad, below, but to see all of our favorite tuna salads, check out our 10 Easy Tuna Salad Recipes collection.
Southwest Tuna Salad
Add peppers, cilantro and a dash of Tabasco to turn a boring tuna salad into an exciting sandwich. Serve in pita bread, in a wrap or on whole-wheat rolls.
- 2 cans (6-oz) solid white tuna packed in water, drained well
- 1/2 cup minced red bell pepper
- 1 medium-sized jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled and forced through a press
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (opt)
- 6 small inner leaves, romaine lettuce, cut into fine shreds
- 2 whole pita bread, split and opened
1. Break up the tuna into fine flakes.
2. Add the bell pepper, jalapeno and cilantro.
3. Stir together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic and Tabasco, if using.
4. Combine the tuna mixture with the mayonnaise dressing and refrigerate until ready to use.
5. Just before serving, stir the the shreds of romaine.
6. Fill the pita bread and serve.
If you like this recipe, you will love all the unique tuna salad creations in our fantastic collection.