When the sun’s out, the last thing you want to do is spend hours near a hot stove. Personally, I’d rather be sipping lemonade by the pool. My meals can just make themselves, thanks!
Problem is, food cannot actually make itself into something resembling a meal. No matter how lazy I admittedly am, I’m going to have to put just a tiny bit of effort forth. And when that sun is shining, believe me – it’s the tiniest bit of effort possible. Cheerio-sized effort.
If you think you’re possibly the laziest girl on earth and there’s no way you’d ever make time to cook, these Southern recipes might change your mind. Southern flavors = summer flavors, and if it’s quick and effortless, why not treat yourself to something tasty?
Lazy girls, let me lead you to the light, because there are wonderful recipes out there just for us! FaveSouthernRecipes.com has so many lazy, lazy southern recipes perfect for chowing down poolside. You’ll barely need to move from your chair! (Okay, that’s exaggerating a bit, but I’m too lazy to say it another way.)
11 Lazy Girl Southern Recipes
- Pizza Roll-Ups
- Lazy Day Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Easiest Ever Banana Bread
- Simple Tuna Pasta Salad
- No-Bake Strawberry Cream Pie – Yes, this counts as a meal. Ten out of ten lazy people agree.
- Easiest Buttermilk Biscuits
- Kentucky Hot Brown Sliders
- Traditional Summer Chicken Salad
- Homestyle Macaroni Salad with Bacon
- 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Pulled Pork – Here are even more slow cooker pulled pork recipes.
- Quick-Fix Pineapple Casserole
Get set for your lazy life with our Lazy Girl Weekly Meal Plan.