Memorial Day weekend might be synonymous with grilling hot dogs and hamburgers while eating copious amounts of chips and dip. But what about dessert? While grilled meats and vegetables might get all the press over Memorial Day weekend, it’s about time to shine the spotlight on easy and quick desserts that everyone will love. From cookies you can whip up in time for an impromptu get-together to no-bake desserts, this selection of easy to make cookies, pies, and more needs to be right at your fingertips for the upcoming holiday weekend (pssst…it’s May 27 this year).
Making easy and no-fuss desserts is also a great way to free up your time for the holiday weekend. You might have plans to spend the long weekend relaxing at the beach, lounging poolside, or just enjoying the great outdoors with family and friends — and not spending hours baking desserts, then cleaning up the kitchen and washing dishes. We hear you! If your three-day weekend will be filled with plenty of outdoor activities, then you’ll want a few recipes up your sleeve that are both easy to make and so, so tasty without spending too much time in the kitchen.
With these recipes, you can make no-fuss desserts that will appeal to everyone with a sweet tooth. In addition, many of these recipes have five ingredients or fewer. You might not even have to make a special trip to the grocery store to make these desserts!
Find your next favorite dessert when you check out these Memorial Day dessert recipes.
14 Memorial Day Desserts For Every Cookout
- 10 Minute Miracle Cookies — Super quick and easy to make!
- 4-Ingredient Chocolate Pudding Dump Cake
- Angel Fluff
- Earthquake Cake
- Layered No-Bake Banana Split Dessert
- 3-Ingredient “You Call It” Cobbler
- Red, White and Blue Bark — Don’t wait for the Fourth of July to make this patriotic dessert!
- Shirley Temple Poke Cake
- Amish Apple Fish Dessert — You have to see this to believe it!
- Creamy Cherry Fluff
- Easy Strawberry Refrigerator Pie
- Grandma’s Cowboy Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookies Bisquick Recipe — Everyone will love these!
- Time Honored Soft Chocolate Drop Cookies
Are you looking for even more no-bake desserts that will impress the crowd this summer? Then you’ll want to purchase a copy of No-Bake Desserts: 103 Easy Recipes for No-Bake Cookies, Bars, and Treats by Cutthroat Kitchen winner Addie Gundry! The cookbook is available through Barnes & Noble and Amazon. And when the summer heat arrives in full blast, you’ll love making desserts without turning on the oven!
Serve these recipes from Addie’s cookbook at your next cookout:
- Chocolate Éclair Cake — This recipe includes Nutella!
- Funfetti Cake Batter Bites
- Strawberry Shortcake in a Jar
What is your favorite dessert for a cookout?
- Your Dump and Go Meal Plan - October 19, 2021
- 5 Reasons It’s Totally Okay to Eat Dessert for Breakfast - October 6, 2021
- 12 Healthy Casserole Recipes for Hectic Weeknights - October 5, 2021