It’s funny, but when you search for “great summer recipes” online, there seem to be two consistent categories of results. One, the recipes that make use of as many fresh, seasonal summer veggies as possible… and two, the recipes designed for stuffing as much barbecue, hot dogs, and cheeseburgers into your mouth as possible! I love both these options, and I also love savory summer casseroles.
I don’t know about you, but in the summer, I don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen! When the sun is shining, the weather is hot, and the pool is calling my name, I want to be outdoors. That’s why summer casseroles are such a staple for me! Letting the oven do all the work? Yes, please!
While summer desserts are wonderful, we’re just focusing on the main event in this post. These savory summer casseroles will provide you with weeknight summer dinners that are easy as pie to make. You can feed the whole family with these recipes. The leftovers are fantastic too! So get ready with a knife, a fork, and an oven-safe dish, because these 14 Savory Summer Casseroles are here to save your summer.
14 Savory Summer Casseroles
This list of our favorite summer casserole recipes comes from RecipeLion.com, AllFreeSlowCookerRecipes.com, AllFreeCasseroleRecipes.com, and FaveHealthyRecipes.com. The list includes both the fresh, healthy, veggie-packed variety and the “BBQ me, NOW!” variety. There’s sure to be a little something for everyone! Pop one of these into the oven. Then get outside and soak up some rays!
- Cheeseburger and Fries Casserole – All-American!
- Summer Cottage Pie
- BBQ Chicken Cornbread Bake
- Kids’ Corn Dog Casserole
- Quick Slow Cooker Cowboy Casserole
- Ultimate Baked Mac and Cheese – MANDATORY summer eating!
- Dump and Bake Kentucky Hot Brown Casserole
- Southern Baked Corn Casserole
- Barbecue Casserole
- Easy Cheesy Yellow Summer Squash Recipe
- Budget Chili Dog Casserole – Great guilty pleasure!
- BBQ Chicken Cornbread Pie
- Summer Veggie Wife Saver
- Dump and Bake Summer Pasta – Colorful and gorgeous!