I’ve always felt that family and food go hand in hand. These 17 Recipes for Your Family Reunion are the ones that will help you welcome your loved ones at the next family gathering. Whether it’s dad’s favorite pie recipe or grandma’s secret-ingredient for amazing mashed potatoes, food brings people together. It’s one of the few things that everyone in the family has in common. Everyone has to eat, after all! It might not always be the healthiest food out there, but potluck recipes are always the tastiest.
For my family, the food we make has created a family identity in a way. Our family gatherings were always outside, and everyone brought their best picnic recipes. Family reunions are where recipes get passed down like delicious, edible heirlooms, and they can truly be enjoyed by everyone from every generation of the family. From party food to filling meals, these great recipes run the gamut of the best dishes you should bring to your next family reunion.
Delightful Dinner Dishes
Make some room on the buffet table for these reunion-ready dishes. I always try to squeeze in a little of everything onto my plate because I’m the kind of person who likes to sample everything. My plate usually ends up looking like a tray of party appetizers, and I always have way more food than I could possibly eat. With a lineup of dishes like these at your family gathering, the only hard part is making sure you have room for it all!
- Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad
- Tin Foil Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Buttermilk Garlic Cheddar Biscuits
- Buffalo Chicken Tenders – This is always a hit!
- Bacon and Cheese Cornbread Salad
- Southern Style Mustard Potato Salad
- Greek Yogurt Broccoli Salad
- Southern Pimento Cheese Funeral Potatoes – Love this recipe!
- The Best Southern Coleslaw Recipe
- John Wayne Casserole – Can make in the oven OR the slow cooker!
Superb Southern Sweets
You can never have too many sweets. I usually volunteer to bring dessert to my family reunions because they’re typically hard to mess up, and a lot of them are very portable and easy to take to a family cookout. Plus, dessert is everyone’s favorite. It feels nice to take home an empty dish from a family reunion because you know everyone loved it!
- Kentucky Derby Bars
- Southern Lady Brownies
- Southern Punch Bowl Cake Recipes
- Elegant Cream Puff Cake – And oh so delicious!
- Apple Cinnamon Cookie Bars
- Decadent Lemon Bars
- No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
- 3-Ingredient Mini Cherry Pies
What does your family bring to the reunion?
Latest posts by FaveSouthernRecipes (see all)
- Country Favorites: 9 Southern Recipes Country-Era Taylor Swift Would Love - February 20, 2019
- Our Favorite Cajun Recipes - February 13, 2019
- 13 Easy Cast Iron Skillet Recipes to Get You To Spring - January 15, 2019