To enter, folks created an original summer appetizer, side dish, or dessert recipe and submitted it to us during the month of June. 10 finalists were chosen by our RecipeLion panel of judges, including our in-house celebrity chef, Addie Gundry and our winner was announced on the first of the month. Again, thank you to everyone that participated and voted for your favorite recipe!
We’d like to officially congratulate RaChelle Hubsmith for her winning dish, Strawberry Lemon Chocolate Parfaits. Yum!
We can’t wait to host her in our test kitchen when she spends a day shadowing, Addie Gundry.
Addie is the chef and author of RecipeLion’s 103 Cookbook series and was a contestant on the most recent season (13) of The Next Food Network Star! She has worked alongside Martha Stewart, Thomas Kellar, Bobby Flay, and Giada De Laurentiis.
Other dishes from the contest were:
- Cranachan by Maria Haske
- Easy Simple Summer Blueberry Watermelon Salad by Diane Roark
- Lofty Layered Lemon Blueberry Cake by Diane Roark
- Raspberry Crumb Bars by David Dial
- Rosemary Sea Salt Fried Chickpeas by Ben Mastracco
- Strawberry Lemonade Bars by Shauna Havey
- Summer Vegetable Farro Salad by Ashley Mincey
- Sweet & Savory Summer Melon Skewers by Ashley Mincey
- Watermelon Pizza by Kelly Huibregtse
Thanks to everyone who participated, and again congratulations, RaChelle!
If you want to make RaChelle’s recipe at home, just follow this link.
Latest posts by RecipeLion (see all)
- Media Spotlight: RecipeLion Cookbooks in the Press - March 19, 2019
- Erin Go Bragh! 15 St. Patrick’s Day Easy Dinner Recipes - March 10, 2019
- Crazy Cheap: 8 Budget-Friendly Potato Recipes - March 6, 2019