The cold weather has finally arrived, bringing with it the perfect excuse for comfort food and indoor fires (hopefully in a fireplace). A hot bowl of soup is one way to warm your bones, but sometimes a meal just isn’t practical. Enter hot cocoa, a holiday favorite of all ages. You’d have to be crazy to say no to a mug of hot chocolate after an afternoon spent out in the cold shoveling snow, sledding, or shopping
There are tons of tasty holiday drinks to be enjoyed by the snow-bound. What you might not realize is that these drinks, often made from mixes, make great homemade food gifts. A jar or packet of a holiday drink mix is the perfect way to personalize a gift. Of course, you don’t have to give these tasty drink mixes away. You may just want to keep your batch of homemade hot cocoa mix all to yourself.
Whether you decide to keep or give away these drink mixes, you’re sure to get into the holiday spirit as soon as you take a sip of these tasty holiday drinks.
1. Hot Chocolate Mix: Sweeten up your holiday gifts with this tasty Hot Chocolate Mix from Alison at Culinary Adventures. This Cocoa mix is easy to make, and the recipe can be easily scaled up or down.
2. Spiced Tea: Even people who don’t normally enjoy tea will love this tasty spiced tea mix. Fruity flavors from Tang and lemon aid mix make this tea stand out from the crowd. Kids and adults alike will enjoy this sweet, spiced tea.
3. Mulling Spice Mix: Take the traditional route and give your loved ones a packet of Mulling Spice Mix. This is a really fun gift to make, since you can create Mulled Apple Cider or Mulled Wine from this creative mix. Kristi from 30 Pounds of Apples has made a truly spectacular holiday food gift that anyone can enjoy.
4. Cappuccino Mocha Mix: Give Starbucks a run for it’s money with this tasty homemade coffee drink mix. This is the perfect gift for the coffee lover in your life.
What’s your favorite type of cold weather drink?
Latest posts by FaveGlutenFreeRecipes (see all)
- How to Avoid Gluten Cross Contamination for the Holidays - November 14, 2019
- 21 Recipes You’re Doing Wrong: Try Them Gluten Free - October 23, 2019
- 10 Gluten Free One Pot Meals for Busy Nights - September 29, 2019