I am sure you’re all gearing up for the big turkey feast also known as – Thanksgiving Day. Then of course the day after it’s time for shopping mayhem, so there probably won’t be much time for cooking or much desire. But good news, most likely you will also have tons of leftover turkey!
What do you do with that turkey? I thought today I would share a few ideas to recreate new recipes with leftover turkey:
1. White Turkey Chili – Using my white chicken chili, one of my favorite ways to reuse turkey is to create a White Turkey Chili. All you need to do is replace the chicken with the leftover white turkey.
2. Turkey and Corn Enchiladas – How about adding a Mexican flare to your leftover turkey with these enchiladas.
3. The Day After Thanksgiving Turkey Sandwich – This is not your typical turkey sandwich, it uses nearly all your leftovers from Thanksgiving to create a thanksgiving feast wedged into 2 big slices of bread.
4. Turkey Wrap – Do you need something healthy after a day of doing nothing but eating? This turkey wrap is sure to do the trick!
5. Turkey Primavera – Adding a little Italian flare may be your preference, try this primavera to do just that!
6. Turkey Pie – One of my favorite ways to enjoy leftovers is with this Turkey Pot Pie. It’s a delicious dish for cold winters day.
These are a few of my favorite ways to reuse turkey, what is yours? Do you prefer slow cooker meals after all that shopping the day after Thanksgiving?
Kristy Still is the creator of Mommy Hates Cooking, wife to a loving husband and mother to an energy filled toddler. She realized after her son was born that her cooking skills were going to have to go up a notch to keep healthy food on the table for her family. There was only one problem, she hates cooking. She ended up making the decision to start her own blog as an attempt to find motivation and share her trials with others. To learn more about Kristy be sure to check out her featured foodie profile on RecipeLion.