They’re a staple in many households (mine included). Ground beef casseroles are some of the most popular dishes to make for dinner, and it’s easy to see why. Not only are they tasty and really easy to make, but ground beef is also fairly inexpensive. You can make a hearty and delicious dinner using ground beef for a lot less money than many other meat-filled dishes. So what’s not to love about these mighty and meaty casseroles?
Well, to be honest, they can get sort of boring. Take it from someone who has eaten her fair share of beef casseroles (we used to have then for dinner every Wednesday when I was growing up). Having the same sort of beef-y supper week in and week out, it can get old.
So how do we remedy this problem? By dressing up our ground beef casseroles with fun and interesting ingredients (some of which you may have never thought of before)! It’s all about coming up with new and unique flavor combinations, throwing in a little bit of this spice, a little bit of that topping… you know the drill. Have some fun in your kitchen and you may just come up with the best new casserole dish that everyone will be raving about and begging you for the recipe for.
Check it out: I started looking for some crazy ways to make beef casseroles that are anything but ordinary and I found some really great ideas. Keep reading to find out some easy ways to make your ground beef casseroles something you’ll look forward to instead of dread.
6 Ways to Dress Up Ground Beef Casseroles
1) Beefy Hash Brown Potato Casserole – If you think this dish sounds too good to be true, think again! Yes, those are tater tots on top. Those crispy potato bites you used to love as a kid now have a new purpose, and they’re the perfect way to make your plain old ground beef casserole completely crave-worthy.
2) Beefy Cheesy Spaghetti Casserole from Full Bellies, Happy Kids – This delicious dish is like getting two of your favorite meals in one. Spaghetti noodles aren’t traditionally found in casserole recipes, but after seeing this drool-worthy dish, I’m pretty sure they should be! If you have kids — little or big — this is the perfect dinner to serve. They’ll eat it because it’s tasty, but it’s also packed with good-for-you ingredients like tomatoes, ground beef and cheese. Yum!
3) Cheesy Deconstructed Stuffed Cabbage Casserole from our friends at AllFreeCasseroleRecipes.com – Yes, it’s a cabbage and hamburger casserole, but totally re-imagined! Anyone who has watched cooking shows like Top Chef knows all about “deconstructing” a dish, and this easy recipe shows you how to do it with some of our all-time favorite ingredients.
4) Creamy Burrito Casserole from I Am One, We Are Three – A burrito as a casserole? Yes, you read that right. This unexpected casserole has all of the amazing ingredients of the Mexican staple but is served in convenient casserole form. This is one dinner the whole family will love. I mean, how could you not?
5) Green Chile Cheeseburger French Fry Casserole from our friends at AllFreeCasseroleRecipes.com – Would you like fries with that? Who would have ever thought that you could take french fries and stick them in a casserole… and it would be good?! Like I said, when you experiment in the kitchen, you can come up with some pretty amazing new dishes (just like this one)!
6) Barbeque Beef Casserole – This beefy casserole has it all. It’s both sweet and savory, with a tangy BBQ sauce and a sweet golden cornbread crust. For a taste of the South in a hearty casserole, try this awesome twist on a traditional beef bake.
Which of these beef casseroles looks the best to you?