Our friends at Diabetesdaily.com/recipes were kind enough to bring this tasty and perfect fall soup, Curried Butternut Squash Soup to us, created by Elizabeth Edelman.
If you’re looking to spice up your holiday dinner menu or just bring something new to your weeknight meals, why not try this amazing butternut squash soup? The added bonus of this easy soup is that it’s actually healthy for you too!
Curried Butternut Squash Soup
- 2 halves roasted butternut squash
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Salt and ground black pepper
Ingredients For Lime Creme:
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Lime zest
- Scoop flesh out of butternut squash with a spoon.
- In a medium saucepan, combine broth, flesh of butternut squash, garlic powder, onion powder, curry powder, salt and pepper.
- Set pot over medium heat and bring to a simmer, about 10 minutes.
- Puree soup with an immersion blender until smooth. Ladle into bowls.
- Serve with a dollop of Lime Creme and garnish with extra lime zest.
Fore Lime Creme:
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, lime zest, and lime juice.
- Whisk to combine.
Amount per Serving: Calories: 65, Carbohydrates: 14g, Dietary Fiber: 0g, Sugars: 3g, Fat: 1g, Saturated: 1g, Trans: 0g, Sodium: 285mg, Protein: 2g
For more awesome recipe ideas to try this holiday season check out these:
Have a great rest of your week!
Latest posts by RecipeLion (see all)
- 15 Classic Dessert Recipes with a Twist: Cakes, Cookies, and More Everyone will Love - September 21, 2020
- Welcome Fall With These 10 Best Apple Desserts - September 20, 2020
- 12 Comfort Casseroles to Welcome Fall - September 7, 2020