Alison Sweeney, host of NBC’s The Biggest Loser and actress on NBC’s Days of Our Lives has a new book out! And RecipeLion wants to give you a chance to win a free copy of her latest book, The Mommy Diet (that officially goes on sale in stores December 28th). 5 lucky people can get a chance to win today, just enter here.
In The Mommy Diet, she shares tons of tips, personal anecdotes, easy-to-follow exercises, nutrition advice, and some of her favorite quick, easy recipes. It’s a wonderful resource for new Moms… or women in general.
We were also super excited to be able to ask Alison some questions to help fans and readers get to know more about her. Check out our Q&A with Alison below:
1) Tell us 5 random facts about yourself your fans might not already know.
- I speak Spanish
- I knit
- I am totally a party planner at heart.
- I rarely do one thing at a time. If I’m watching TV, I also have my script in hand, or if I’m eating breakfast, I’m writing my blog at the same time… I wish I could claim it’s just ‘multi-tasking’ but really, it’s just that I am so used to being busy, that I can hardly sit still for a second, I always have to be occupied.
- My new book The Mommy Diet comes out December 28.
2) What’s the one food item you could never live without?
3) What do you love most about working with The Biggest Loser?
Being a part of such an incredible, life changing journey. It’s so inspiring to see every person have all those successes on the scale. It’s amazing.
4) What’s your favorite way to keep in shape?
I like to hike with my dog Winky and spin (indoor cycling). Spinning’s so intense, and challenging. I love it.
5) Do you have a favorite food memory, maybe something you’ve experienced since becoming a mother?
Back to the oatmeal answer – that may seem odd, but my daughter loves the way I make oatmeal. She doesn’t like it when anyone else makes it, and so I have to make an extra big helping, because if I’m not careful she will eat my share! It’s a fun mother-daughter bonding thing, that every morning we have oatmeal together. I love it.
Alison Sweeney is the host for NBC’s hit reality series The Biggest Loser and she plays the award-winning role of Sami Brady on NBC’s hit daytime drama Days of our Lives. As a working mom, Alison Sweeney knows what it takes to look and feel great during pregnancy and how to get back in shape post-baby.
To learn more about Alison and information regarding her new book, check out her website: www.alisonsweeney.com/
To try your hand at making one of the recipes from Alison’s book, check out this Chicken & Cabbage recipe. Trust me, you’ll love it! I made this very recipe the other night, not only is it easy, it tastes divine.
Also for more healthy eating options be sure to check out this Chicken Enchilasagna from the author of The Most Decadent Diet Ever! cookbook by Devin Alexander.
Have a great new year and good luck with the giveaway!